Bike Cleaning and Graphics?

Just bought a used 2014 kx250f. The bike was in bad condition cosmetically but it ran fine and we got a good deal on it. My family and I have been having an argument about whether or not to put graphics on it. The last bike we put graphics on came out terrible. There were air bubbles everywhere and the graphics were folded in places and peeling off. The new kx's plastics are all scratched up and stained. I'm worried, even if we do a better job putting the stickers on, the scratches will cause more air bubbles.

Pictures: I scrubbed down the plastics as much as I could with a sponge and carwash soap.

IMG_1855.JPG.2e62173de797198e269f41eb97b3f595.JPGIMG_1857.JPG.fa8d96297bb1c48a27dd773dca5f7931.JPGIMG_1856.JPG.cb0e5bec50fffb15daaaf993a1cc1904.JPG

Also, I was wondering if anybody had any techniques to cleaning up the rest of the bike. The engine casing, wheel hubs, frame, and exhaust are all stained badly. I would like to get the bike back to how it was out of the factory as much as I can. My phone camera doesn't pick it up that well, but the bike has an all around dirty look to it. I've tried washing it in my driveway but didn't get much luck, though all I have to use is the hose with one of those brass nozzles you twist. (I don't know what they are called). Would I be better off spending my money somewhere else rather than graphics? All help is appreciated. 

Simplegreen diluted at 50/50, a brush, and some elbow grease. A pressure washer helps out a lot too.

Last year was the first time I have ever done graphics on a bike and I only had 2 bubbles on the whole ordeal. The only supplies you need are window cleaner spray and an old credit card. Clean the plastics well, and mist with window cleaner the side that the graphics will go on. Align and place the graphic on the plastics, and then - starting at the middle of the graphic - squeegee out the window cleaner using the old credit card. It's even easier/better to use a legit squeegee. You can get them at the Dollar Tree. Start with the easier graphics, like the front plate and front/rear fender. I found that the number plates on the side were most difficult with the curves of the muffler and other odd shapes. Just take your time and watch the videos on YouTube.