1999 Rm 250 Crankshaft?

Just curious if any one has put a newer crankshaft such as an 02 or 03 in a 1999 engine, the reason I ask is I am in the middle of this project and it seems no one has any parts to rebuild my OEM crank, a new OEM is about $600 usd and that is out of the question for this build, any input would be great thanks.

O shoot. I didn't know that. Seems odd that it would be a 1 year crank. There has to be an alternative option

I just did some looking, and it looks like 97 thru 2000 has nothing anywhere. Everyone says buy a rod and rebuild your crank.

Looks like the only change in the crankshaft from 2000 to 2001 was the crank webs od reduced from 115.3mm to 114.4mm to improve peak horsepower and torque.

Found that in the 2001 Suzuki tech update book.

2002 had minor changes so it should work also.

2003 was a big change. Mainly the primary drive gear was shortened and the RH crank seal now seals against the crank journal instead of drive gear coupler.  Not sure if it would actually work.

In theory, if the crank were the same length with drive gears installed then you could get an 03 crank with an 03 drive gear and swap to the smaller 03 RH crank seal.

515011228.jpg