Turning radius

I noticed my 2015 300RR does not turn nearly as sharp as my 2015 Husky TE250. I didn't notice until I had the 250. I put on the aftermarket Myler radiators. Are these thicker than stock(which I don't have anymore to compare)? I have the stop bolts removed on the husky but the beta there's no point because the forks are just a hair away from the radiator with the bolts in.

Can you take out your stopbolts without the forks touching the radiator on the stock radiator? I like extreme enduro and it helps to go full lock.

50 minutes ago, MasterBeta said:

I noticed my 2015 300RR does not turn nearly as sharp as my 2015 Husky TE250. I didn't notice until I had the 250. I put on the aftermarket Myler radiators. Are these thicker than stock(which I don't have anymore to compare)? I have the stop bolts removed on the husky but the beta there's no point because the forks are just a hair away from the radiator with the bolts in.

Can you take out your stopbolts without the forks touching the radiator on the stock radiator? I like extreme enduro and it helps to go full lock.

The Myler's are way thicker than stock and I actually had to adjust the stops out from stock when I put them on. For extreme enduro work, master the pivot turn. It's my go-to for any turn that would normally be a full lock turn...quite a bit quicker once you get good at it.

• Like 3

oh good, not just mine then.

first thing i noticed in the backyard was i could do a figure 8 easy on my old 06 ktm 525. my beta 300 wont do it. i feel the trade-off is worth it for everything else this geo does well.

• Like 1

For real tight the xtrainer turns tighter...for the tight in between the trees guys like the xtrainer better. ..but overall I don't notice a problem with my 300rr. I'm more liking some extreme riding too. I have some chinese ebay bigger volume radiators to put on my 300 rr too..and know that turning radius might be an issue. . I'm thinking I jumped the gun and don't need the bigger radiators as my setup with the fan and overflow tank and higher pres. rad cap has it good to go. I don't see more turning radius available now.. I forget if I took off the bolts for a tad more turning or not..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

I removed the nuts on my steering stops but as a results had to chop up a bit off the top of my radiator guards to gain clearance with the forks.  Gained back the range i felt was missing from the factory.

• Like 1

The Myler's are way thicker than stock and I actually had to adjust the stops out from stock when I put them on. For extreme enduro work, master the pivot turn. It's my go-to for any turn that would normally be a full lock turn...quite a bit quicker once you get good at it.

I definitely love the pivot turnIMG_2722.JPG but pivot turns on off-camber turning downhill is not something most do. We practice trials and you know how far the bars will turn on a trials bike. My husky was very similar to that. What happened in the pic was a result of not being able to turn any further left. The husky had no problem here.
  • Like 1