Dr Mark - ACL Surgery in 53YO Knee

DR Mark, is there anything you would see in this report that would cause you concern in doing a patellar tendon graft surgery to repair the ACL?  Does age come into the equation when you are considering the surgery at anytime?  As you can see from my avatar, I tend to be free with my dismounts :goofy:

MRI.jpg

MRI1.jpg

I only do patella tendon grafts for ACL surgery.  Assuming that the patient has closed growth plates, that it.

I only do patella tendon grafts for ACL surgery.  Assuming that the patient has closed growth plates, that it.

I appreciate you taking your time in reviewing my situation. Am I to assume the bone bruising is a potential cause for concern and needs further clarification if a patellar tendon graft is to be performed? My Ortho did say on first blush he was concerned about it.....

I appreciate you taking your time in reviewing my situation. Am I to assume the bone bruising is a potential cause for concern and needs further clarification if a patellar tendon graft is to be performed? My Ortho did say on first blush he was concerned about it.....

It comes with the territory. Does your doc regularly do the patella tendon. In California unicorn tendons are more commonly put in.

18 minutes ago, DrMark said:

It comes with the territory. Does your doc regularly do the patella tendon. In California unicorn tendons are more commonly put in.

No, he said he does all types, except he doesn't like the hamstring.  Unicorn, hmmmm, strong suckers aren't they??

Well, 2 days post-op. Dr Mayo said I should be up and around without crutches.  I am, but it ain't fun:goofy: