buying a new ktm 300 xc-w

So I'm looking to buy a new ktm 300 xc-w after the summer, I need to sell my 08 ktm 450 first. then ill finance a new one.

I want a 6days version, but my question is should I look into putting down a deposit or will there be plenty on the sales floor?.

I guess if I drove far enough I could find one when they hit the floor as long as I could take it to any ktm dealer for warranty work close by my house.

This will be my first bike brand new I've always bought used since I started riding about 12 years ago. Also what time will ktm release there bikes to dealers.

I'm counting down the days till the 15th when ktm debuts the 18"s. Thanks guys

The 6 days will be a delayed release, and I would put a deposit at your typical dealer, or one who will give you a good price and ongoing support. Plus, the injected versions are a very limited release, and only the 250 version will be available in the US.  Husky will be doing a limited release too, but, is offering a 300 version. 

• Like 1

Traditional approach is to put a modest amount ($500 or maybe $1000) down now. Bikes are typically released in late July. I did this last year and got my 300 XCW in mid-August.

No FI 300s in 2018.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, pat22043 said:

Traditional approach is to put a modest amount ($500 or maybe $1000) down now. Bikes are typically released in late July. I did this last year and got my 300 XCW in mid-August.

No FI 300s in 2018.

Thanks man good idea. Yea if they made all there 2t' s fi then I would buy a 2017. I don't want to buy a first gen fi and have to deal with any kinks.

1 hour ago, ballane89 said:

Yea if they made all there 2t' s fi then I would buy a 2017. I don't want to buy a first gen fi and have to deal with any kinks.

I agree, altho the pros have been running FI for a while. Be careful if you really want a 17 300 XCW, they are about all sold out.

6 minutes ago, pat22043 said:

I agree, altho the pros have been running FI for a while. Be careful if you really want a 17 300 XCW, they are about all sold out.

Yea there's barely any out there, I'm waiting for the 18's to come out after summer