Riding near Portland

I am gonna pick up my new Beta 300rr from Salem tomorrow. I am looking for some new places and people to ride with in the area. I am still fairly new to the sport and looking to improve. I think the new bike will help. Let me know if anyone has any advice or looking for someone to ride with.

Thanks

-Josh

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cheerfulpimp said:

I am gonna pick up my new Beta 300rr from Salem tomorrow. I am looking for some new places and people to ride with in the area. I am still fairly new to the sport and looking to improve. I think the new bike will help. Let me know if anyone has any advice or looking for someone to ride with.

Thanks

-Josh

Jones Creek is on the WA side of the river north of camas and has quite a few good trails, 3 loops and some outlying trails. A loop is shortest and easiest. B is mid length and probably the most technical, C is longest, more technical than A and slightly less than B by my opinion anyway. None are terribly hard since all the ATVs have long since pushed a lot of the loose rocks off of the B loop hill climbs and made a lot of it too flat. 

You need a WA discover pass ($30 for a year and I think $10 for a day) and they do check for them very often.

And ORV tags if your from Oregon you are fine with Oregon tags. Last time i asked the sheriff up there I was told you must have them from your home state, (had valid Oregon tags but he shot that down since I live in WA).

Looks like me and a couple more from the forum frequent Jones Creek so you can probably find a riding buddy for weekend rides. I always strongly advise against going alone especially if you aren't familiar with the trail system. Few places to make a wrong turn and end up totally lost.