Are all Drz 400 oem seats the same?

Hi, just wanted to make sure that all drz 400 stock seats are the same, they look the same to me. I want to put a 2015 drz 400sm seat on my 2001 kicker only drz 400 just to replace my ripped seat. I found a good deal on the sm seat and its equal price to redoing my seat cover with the "enjoy" brand cover. So i figured id just put the factory sm seat on my bike. If anyone knows if there all the same let me know please and thanks!

The only real difference is the cover. Some have straps, some say Suzuki, some are yellow/blue.

Thanks!, i figured all drz 400 seats would be the same just different colors and the strap deal, mine is black and strapless, and im wanting to put on this 2015 sm black seat with the strap. So it sounds like ill be good, direct swap, and yea i know its like a stale loaf of bread..lol as "38 super" said. I just dont want to put a 300$ aftermarket seat on and rip it, i ride trails and the bike falls over every now and then. Im happy with the stock seat for now. Unless someone knows that the enjoy brand seat cover or sum other cover is stronger material, i havent seen any of the aftermarket seat covers in person.

I have an Enjoy seat and love it. Grip is 100x better. Not definite if it's waterproof though. I saw that Seat Concepts ship their covers with a plastic liner to keep the foam dry and avoid mold. I thought this was a good idea, but I'm not sure if the Enjoy needs it or not.

And the seat's buddy strap bolts to the subframe and not the seat itself and is actually a separate part altogether from what I remember.

• Like 1