Sooty stuff coming out of tailpipe, smoky bike.

Hey guys.  I just put a new top end in my 1999 Suzuki RM125 that I bought without ever seeing run.  It started up easily, but I think something isn't quite right.  Here are the issues:

1. Black, sooty, oily stuff comes out the tail pipe, and also accumulates at the joint between the fatty pipe and silencer, and drips down onto the rear master cylinder.
  2. It's really smoky.
  3. The power seems a little low, and there is no really noticeable increase in power.
  4. Gas drips out of the carb when the bike is off.
  5. Sometimes when I ride and let off the throttle, the revs will climb on their own.  Not sure if this is a possible clutch issue where it doesn't grab (acting as if in neutral).

From these symptoms, I think that the carb needs to be cleaned and tuned, so that less fuel is burned (its running too rich), other than number 5.  I think it has something to do with the float bowl, what do you guys think?

#4 tells me bad float bowl needle/seat seal, probably causing high float level and the resulting #1, #2, #3, and #5.

good vid on you tube on how to reseat the needle and seat with a cue tip and some polish