KTM SX 150 or KTM XC-W 150 ?

Hey,

It's time to buy a new bike, I don't know which one to choose. I have huuge MX track near my house, but also there is some crosscountry. I would love to ride some crosscountry, some MX and some enduro in forests. I am wondering if SX won't limit me... What do you think ?  

And also, what do you think about these bikes ? Are they good ? Any huge differences beetween them ? Does 150 XC-W have enough power as it's gears are longer ?

Personally I would go with the SX because the XC-W is probably too soft all around for mx and cross country. XC-W weights about 10 pounds more the SX and the suspension is lees than ideal for MX. Though the XC-W has e-start, 2.5 gal tank, headlight, kickstand, 6 speeds (im sure you already know this). Overall they are definitely awesome bikes and the perfect mix between 250f power and 125 handling.

I don't have any experience with the new 150 xcw but have extensive time on a 150sx mine being a 2013 and 2014.

Get an sx. They can do anything you want.  I use mine for enduros and harescrambles.  Anything from slow technical singletrack to mx tracks the bike works really good. The  only area the sx falters is high speeds like 60+. With stock gearing top speed is 70mph.

• Like 2

My 13 150sx was an awesome bike.  Great on the track, great in the woods.  If it were me I'd go with the sx. 

To be fair, I want to but the bike today but I still haven't decided. I can buy new XC-W or used SX. Anyone here who's ridden 2017 XC-W? Does it have enough power? Frrom the videos it kinda works like 4 stroke. 

7 minutes ago, Cons said:

To be fair, I want to but the bike today but I still haven't decided. I can buy new XC-W or used SX. Anyone here who's ridden 2017 XC-W? Does it have enough power? Frrom the videos it kinda works like 4 stroke. 

I've not ridden one.  Lots of good info here

Also in The KTM 2 stroke forum,

Lots of info there too. 

Edited by poldies4

29 minutes ago, poldies4 said:

What year?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

I don't have any experience with the new 150 xcw but have extensive time on a 150sx mine being a 2013 and 2014.

Get an sx. They can do anything you want.  I use mine for enduros and harescrambles.  Anything from slow technical singletrack to mx tracks the bike works really good. The  only area the sx falters is high speeds like 60+. With stock gearing top speed is 70mph.

You'd be the guy to talk to. I have 14/50 gearing currently on my SX. It works in the slow stuff ok but borderline.

Hence I am considering 13/50 for slow single track and wannabe x training. Just to help get the front up from a stand still. Its currently doable. But much more work than the 200 due to less torque and flywheel.

A rejet away from the NOZI needle it had in it has helped and I can crispen it up more maybe, but do you think a regear is worth me considering. Or should I just keep my speed up?

I went to try it the other day but when I got home I realised the dealer  gave me another 14t not the 13t I asked for...

Other than that, loving the 150. Its so easy to ride in the tight, easy to pick up and great fun. Initially I bought it to convert to a 200 kit but now I like it for what it is...

Oh.. and the side knobs are wearing on its tires as fast as the middle ones for some reason.... :cool:

• Like 1

It's so powerful and light, it is like a bike. :jawdrop:

13 hours ago, Cons said:

It's so powerful and light, it is like a bike. :jawdrop:

Yeah, one that that is light, and powerful. They are crazy fast.

Do you know how to handle vibrations on grips from the engine? They really tire my hands when riding.

On 5/7/2017 at 2:03 AM, Cons said:

Do you know how to handle vibrations on grips from the engine? They really tire my hands when riding.

I havent really noticed many vibrations from my 150, I think my 200 vibrates a lot more, especially after the new crank.

Maybe try these?