Broke my femur.

Getting injured always sucks. Fractured the neck of the rt. femur.   Doctor said 4-6 weeks on crutches. 

I had a previous tib/fib break in the same leg, that recovery was a  nightmare. This does not feel nearly as bad 1.5 weeks later.

Anyone have a similar break to this? They said it was a pretty common surgery.

Video is kind of long but it was a scary situation. One I hope to not find myself in again.

Hoping you'll have a full recovery! Just coming off six broken ribs, punctured collapsed lung and a partially separated shoulder. Did the same thing six years ago on the right side but with only four broken ribs! Not if, but when! Stupid sport but I feel like a crack whore ... just cant stop doing it!

Thanks Guys! That sounds rough. I've only had a bruised rib but it was terrible. Seems like our stories are similar. 

I broke this same leg six years ago.  (attached pics)

Today is two weeks from the femur surgery and it feels really good. I'm 31, but i'm pretty optimistic about the recovery at this point. 

It feels well enough to walk on, but I will wait to get the Ok from the Dr. before doing so.

It took over a year to get back on the bike after the first accident, but this time feels different. I guess the pain was not as bad idk, but I can't wait to get back on the bike.

lower 1.jpg

tib.JPG

Looks like you had a tibial plateau FX, and now you have a greater troch FX.  I would follow Doctors orders, don't tried to weight bear more than he tells you to.  Once it's healed you should do OK.  You might just be looking at a total hip arthroplasty earlier than your sedentary co-workers.

Sorry to hear about it, but what's done is done, so carry on! ?