Passenger van into Motovan build/ question

Just got me a passenger extended van.

moving the bench to the front, and building a wall.

plan is to tear out the interior in the rear. What's the best way to do this? How to I cut it in half? Dremel tool or something? Who's done this?

once I get it bare, I'll build the wall, then panel over the glass in the back if that makes any since...

IMG_5082.JPG

IMG_5083.JPG

On 5/6/2017 at 7:00 AM, Olivier Biron said:

I did it with a dremel tool. For the rear windows, use black spray paint on the inside before putting the paneling on. 

Thanks. Was thinking the dremel tool too. I get some new cutting blades for it today. 

Was going to throw some plastidip on the windows.

did you take out the headliner too?

any advice on the wall? Going to use 2x4's. For the floor piece will drill holes and insert bolts. For the top is there enough medal for self tapping metal screws?

For the plastic interior, I used a 4 1/2" grinder with a cutoff wheel. You'll want to make sure you screw into a rib on the roof and use screws that won't go through the roof. If you don't want to remove your headliner to find them, maybe go to a Upullit type junkyard if you have one near you and bring a measuring tape. I used vinyl wrap on my windows. I used a color that was close to the paint color. 

2015-01-23_15-00-18_46_zps3lsbioyu.jpg

• Like 1

Got the interior ripped out the back, and the wall started.

going to cover the wall with plywood today, then carpet over the interior side. What's the best adhesive to use?

in the cargo area, I still nead to rip out the carpet. I then plan on laying plywood down, and using checkered tiles on top of that. 

I eventually want to cover both the walls/windows with plywood too. For now that I'm trying to figure out a easy way to cover the windows in the back so nothing hits one (handle bar) and breaks them. Any ideas?

IMG_5106.JPG

Got the interior side of the wall up, what a pain in the $#%*. So hard to measure everything, make a template, and a ton of cuts. I'm not a details kinda guy. Had a few gaps, so fixed that on the back side.

once I get the carpet down, you shouldn't be able to notice my poor quality lol

whats the best way to apply the carpet, assuming glue? What type will stick to wood and a little metal easily?

IMG_5110.JPG

IMG_5111.JPG

Make your templates out of poster board from the dollar store then put it on your plywood and you are golden

Research your flooring choices, some tiles can be very slippery when wet. I used bed liner, cleans easy and good traction!