Bike sercurity

I took my bike to the gym, and when I parked it it dawned on me that anyone could come and kick it ( good luck) and take off. Apart from needing the skill set to kick my 600 over, what other ideas do you have for sercurity? I was thinking about a key install. 1. Where would you install a key? What wire?

Are there any devices to sercure the bike rather than a key switch?

thanks, Chris 

6 minutes ago, HeavyRotation said:

Pros just pull up and toss it in a van. Cable lock it to the bike rack.

I know this firsthand. A guy I worked with had his CBR600 stolen from the parking lot where he worked. Reports were a few guys rolled up in a truck, picked it up, slid it in the back of a truck, and gone on seconds.

• Like 1

Get a U-lock and thick cable and lock it to a pole or tree.

I used to have a Garmin GTU-10 which was a little handy GPS tracker that you could pay yearly to keep activated.  It ran on a 2G network I believe or some kind of cell tower network that has been phased out - and because of that all GTU-10's stopped working at the end of 2015.  It was the perfect sized device that was cheap and easy to hide.  There was an app that would notify you of something leaving a GPS fence, losing external power and low battery level.

Anybody know of any small GPS trackers that don't cost over $300/year to keep activated?

I was wondering if those small button tracking devices I saw on Yahoo-news might work? About the size of a quarter. i'm not very tech savvy.

what about a hidden kill switch in the wiring harness? would that work?

Awwwwyeahhhh!
Mexico is too close. Your bike will never enter America again as a whole stolen from here. Parts might come back in. But if they got away with a full bike, chances are it's still in full, but being ridden in MX with different #s. There's always a way to steal a bike. Just you need time. So Park in frequented, lit areas. And its really hard to jack a bike in front of a very attentive Canaan. They are alerters!
RIP Louie

• Like 1