Came home from a week away, went to take the ole kwacker for a rip around the house and the kickstarter snapped off.  Broke right at the actual kick shaft (in pic).  Went online to look for the part and Kawi doesn't make it anymore!  And nothing on eBay.  Saw one for a 98 (mines a 2000 kx250) but don't know if that'll fit.  Anyone know of it will?  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.  

IMG_0435.JPG

Very unusual.  They did make that shaft bigger on the later bikes.  I bet a 98 would be identical.

Ya think maybe up to 03 or so should be the same.  Ya that is unusual I've broke the kickstarts in my Kawasaki days but never a shaft. You must've been excited to ride gave her a good kick :ride:

Edited by Motox367

My 03 had the larger diameter shaft.  I was thinking up to 01 or so.  My 99 had the smaller diameter shaft.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turbo dan said:

My 03 had the larger diameter shaft.  I was thinking up to 01 or so.  My 99 had the smaller diameter shaft.

Safe to say probably 96-02 probably same then?  I also had a 03 made expert on that bike was bulletproof engine 

Don't know about 02.  They changed a lot in 02.  Primary reduction ratio, trans ratios, trans main shaft.  Would have to look at one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Abercrombie said:

Thanks for all the feedback guys I found a shaft off a 98 with the same part # on eBay.  Gunnna give it a shot!

Good deal :thumbsup: Let the good times roll:ride:

What happened with this ? I am looking for a shaft now for a 01 , the part # 13066-1099 was 99-01 only changed in 02 , I've searched everywhere I could think to find a shaft was wondering what your end result was ? 

23 hours ago, Greenwrench said:

What happened with this ? I am looking for a shaft now for a 01 , the part # 13066-1099 was 99-01 only changed in 02 , I've searched everywhere I could think to find a shaft was wondering what your end result was ? 

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/kawasaki/2000/kx250/kickstarter-mechanism

4 parts down, whole assembly for just over $100. 

3 minutes ago, Greenwrench said:

Ok so 4 parts down on that list is the lever for 105$? I need the shaft the one under it that say it's not available 

If you look at the picture it outlines the lever with every piece. So I'm assuming so. But you can double check yourself with the item numbers, and/or call Motosport directly and ask them. 

Edit: when i google imaged the item number were speaking of, it pulls up the kickstart lever. So almost positive that's correct. If not you can always return it too. 

Edited by Brad04

13 hours ago, Greenwrench said:

Ya that's just going to be a complete lever assembly with hinge and all that ,it won't come with the shaft

Ah. Well can't say I didn't attempt to help