Ktm 200 head mod work? Current

I want to get my head done finally. I packed it up in a box, ready to ship and wanted to touch base with cycle playground before I shipped.

Has anyone had it done recently?

Rb designs doesn't do the 200 anymore. Trey at wildcat took a full time job and travels and doesn't really have time to do bike work, and numerous phone calls and emails have warranted no response from cycle playground. Hoping someone has another source with a good referral.

Thanks

So I found him this morning because I was still searching. With those other three out I was worried no one was doing them anymore an jbone only came up in one thread I found this morning with Fresno Mike talking jetting.

I called jbone and spoke with him for about 40 minutes. I also needed cylinder work and he can do everything I need done with only shipping to one place. I was very comfortable with what he had to say about my goal result. He also said if he does the cylinder repair I need that he would cut me a break on some porting since he's already in there to do some touch up the welding and dress the port edges.

I'm excited for the result

8 hours ago, thumpinyami59 said:

So I found him this morning because I was still searching. With those other three out I was worried no one was doing them anymore an jbone only came up in one thread I found this morning with Fresno Mike talking jetting.

I called jbone and spoke with him for about 40 minutes. I also needed cylinder work and he can do everything I need done with only shipping to one place. I was very comfortable with what he had to say about my goal result. He also said if he does the cylinder repair I need that he would cut me a break on some porting since he's already in there to do some touch up the welding and dress the port edges.

I'm excited for the result

Jbone rebuilt my 200 top to bottom last summer, great guy to work with, his work is exceptional, as is his communication.  Glad he is still around.  My engine was one of his last full rebuilds before his semi-retirement.

My head was done at Cycle Playground, as well as the cylinder porting.  It was done before I sent the engine to Jbone.  I hear CP is difficult, at best, since the son took over.  

I think jbone is sort of out of retirement. He told me a bit about his accident and how he just needed to focus on personal stuff. Kudos to him I say.
I'd talked to CP before and planned to use him but total radio darkness.

Also poldies, remember the dumbass attack I talked to you about where I seized my fresh piston? Well it was a lot worse than I thought. This time I won't make the mistake again and with a fresh top end, and the head mod I should really be in love with this. May even go with some porting, nah I'm too cheap to play in this hobby as it is lol.

• Like 1