Sign in to follow this  

2000 kx 20

I am looking for a different bike and recently a 2000 250 showed up. I have had a wr250f, 04 km 250exc, 06 yz 450. I like smokers better. I have ridden a 97 kx 250 and 06 yz 250 both smokers. I am a larger guy and woods ride. Is the kx going to be tunable or is it a lot for single track. The yz250 was great but the 97 kx was a hand full. Opnions?

Well it wasn't the best bike for that year but was ok.  I raced one then it worked and very reliable.  Idk about single track tho I'd think any 250 would be good  👍

2 hours ago, dirtbeater said:

I am looking for a different bike and recently a 2000 250 showed up. I have had a wr250f, 04 km 250exc, 06 yz 450. I like smokers better. I have ridden a 97 kx 250 and 06 yz 250 both smokers. I am a larger guy and woods ride. Is the kx going to be tunable or is it a lot for single track. The yz250 was great but the 97 kx was a hand full. Opnions?

i got one and with $40-50 worth of jets they can be made very ride able and will lug down low in the single tracks with the best of them

IMO List of mods needed

carb tuning ( i have had good success with suzuki needles)

hand guards

flywheel weight ( i have yet to do this but is on the list )

bash guard

pipe guard

i have a  fmf gnarly on my bike and combined with the carb tuning the bike is awesome

oooh and i am what i consider a big dude ( 200-220 lbs with gear on )

• Like 1

I am loving it so far.  I have a 1999 and they seem to be built with a bit of instability.  Mine really benefited from a steering stabilizer on the straights.  The good things is it loves to turn.  Which is great for the tight stuff, and I feel like I can lift and plant the front wherever I choose.  

What I started with stock crap, but with a FWW, gnarly pipe, jetting, it lugs very well.  I would compare it to any euro bike.  

I am around the $2500 mark and am pretty much left with nothing to do but riding.   

The suspension is critical.  I added a few base shims to the oem shock and went to maxxima 3w fluid, stock spring, and I don't think it can be improved.   The front end I sent off to a shop and they work very nice.