Best Hydration pack for $100

Thought I'd step up my game this year. I have just been using a backpack and with no waist strap it is really cumbersome when riding. Looking for a hydration pack for about $100. Thinks it must have are at least 70 oz or 2L capacity and space for a couple tools. Spark plug, wrench, screw driver, etc. Don't really care about brand as long as it is of good quality. Also if its avaiabl on Rocky Mountain Atv I have a $25 dollar gift card. 

1 hour ago, TheKX500boi said:

Thought I'd step up my game this year. I have just been using a backpack and with no waist strap it is really cumbersome when riding. Looking for a hydration pack for about $100. Thinks it must have are at least 70 oz or 2L capacity and space for a couple tools. Spark plug, wrench, screw driver, etc. Don't really care about brand as long as it is of good quality. Also if its avaiabl on Rocky Mountain Atv I have a $25 dollar gift card. 

I bought a Giant one from a pedal bike shop. 3L capacity, plenty of room for other stuff.

I've always used CamelBak hydration packs. I currently have 3 of them, 50oz, 70oz, and a 100oz Mule, all are top notch quality with the 70oz version being with me for over 15 years now. It started out on the mountain bike, then became the dirt bike pack of choice. The pack is starting to wear through in places due to years of rub spots from my chest protector, but the bladder has never leaked a drop. Dunno if RMATV has them, but you can't go wrong with CamelBak quality.:thumbsup:

Seriously look at Osprey.  Lifetime warranty (no joke), and they make some of the best packs available.  The Osprey Viper 9 is exactly what you want.  Slim profile, tons of airflow on the straps and back support.  2.5L water capacity, 3 large storage areas, included a padded pocket for keys, phone, watch, etc.  I just ordered one in Blaze Orange (I ride a KTM).  But I would check them out.

I have an old Viper 7 for mountain biking.  I had an issue with the bite valve (my lower tooth put a hole in it) called them up and they sent me 3 in the mail!  Customer service is top shelf.  I couldn't be happier with their packs and customer service.

https://www.ospreypacks.com/ca/en/product/viper-9-VIPER9.html

I ordered mine from Chain Reaction Cycles (converted to $100 CAD, and free shipping).

Edited by quikcolin

you could get a cheap backpack hydration system combo for 25$ in Wallmart or Kmart that will last a few years.

Edited by elrontx
  • Like 1

I got a 3.0L camel back mule a few years ago for less then $100.

Nice to have 3.0L if you need it.

Lots of room to carry stuff, it fits me well and its got a built in rain bag if you need it and a lined phone pocket but I keep mine in a zip lock just in case. I also like the bladder cus I can easily put in ice if I want.

Not sure if you can get it through RMATV

For your price range fly makes a really nice chest protector/hydration pack combo. A little higher price range, but Kriega makes a really good setup.

i have what you are talking about and love it.
  • Like 1

OK so thanks everyone for the reply. First off I looked at the Klim Nac Pack. Looks ideal BUT is out of stock till June 26 :(. It looked like ideal. Also looked at Camelbak and as far as I can tell they aren't available on RMATV. And they start out at around $100 and go up from there so they are a bit pricey. Also checked out that Ogio one. After shipping and "duty" ( which alone is $30). Then minus my gift card is still about $175 USD. I looked at that Fly Racing one. It comes to about $125 shipped which is about $170 CAD... EEK. But I'm killing two birds with one stone cause I also kinda want a chest protector, but looking at the reviews some people REALLY hate it so I am kinda on the fence. And the Kriegas are also expensive, they start at $130. Honestly after a bit of looking I am just think one of these two Fly racing ones.  Really leaning towards the XC. Your thoughts welcome.

Fly Racing XC:

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1520/64713/Fly-Racing-XC-Hydro-Pack?term=fly+hydration

Is 100oz which is great, cheap, and has lots of storage and good reviews. $86 USD shipped with my gift card.

Fly Racing Hydro Pack;

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1520/67329/Fly-Racing-Hydro-Pack?term=fly+hydration

Really cheap, 70 oz, really good reviews. My only concern is that it is too small to store any tools which is a MUST. Prob like $50ish USD shipped can't be certain because it won't let me check it out and get a price. 

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1520/39946/Fly-Racing-Stingray-Ready-to-Ride-Roost-Guard-and-Hydration-Pack?term=fly+hydration 

Whatever you get, spend money supporting the sport.  From what I understand, you are paying for your own demise with camelbak.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, crypto666 said:

Whatever you get, spend money supporting the sport.  From what I understand, you are paying for your own demise with camelbak.  

EXACTLY.  With everything we know about Camelbak I can't understand anyone that owns an OHV buying one.

On the subject at hand, I got a really nice 2L one at Big 5, it was their house brand for $27.  Lots of storage, too.

3 hours ago, crypto666 said:

In the last topic about Hydration packs and this again came up, I emailed Camelbak asking where they stood on shared out door recreation use and someone personally called me and we talked for about 1/2 hour on this subject.

Just so you are aware, Camelbak is owned by Vista Outdoors who also owns Bell Helmets along with a large number of other out door companies and they DEFINITELY DO NOT lobby against power sports since they are actually trying to expand their bushiness into these markets.

Edited by filterx

Osprey Skarab 18 for $80

or the Ogio Dakar for $109

I like my Osprey because it has a magnetic keeper for the hose so you can drink while riding.

Edited by Muffintop

2 hours ago, filterx said:

In the last topic about Hydration packs and this again came up, I emailed Camelbak asking where they stood on shared out door recreation use and someone personally called me and we talked for about 1/2 hour on this subject.

Just so you are aware, Camelbak is owned by Vista Outdoors who also owns Bell Helmets along with a large number of other out door companies and they DEFINITELY DO NOT lobby against power sports since they are actually trying to expand their bushiness into these markets.

That's a big change then from just a few years ago. I'd like to see that in writing since their ANTI ohv stance was in writing. Some corporate mouthpiece was maybe saying what you wanted to hear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

That's a big change then from just a few years ago. I'd like to see that in writing since their ANTI ohv stance was in writing. Some corporate mouthpiece was maybe saying what you wanted to hear.

The guy I spoke to on the phone was straight up and honest IMO. I explianed I live in Canada which IMO considering the amount of people vs how big the country is, regardless of what type of sport we are into we can generally all get along and work out how things are shared. I also explained that I have a pretty good understanding of the issues involved access in the USA  but realized its complicated and I'm open to understanding better

He then explained that Camelbak is now owned by Vista Outdoors https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands

And he then asked me if I owned Bell dirt bike helmet or how many people do?

Then if you look at the brands they carry, they understand that guys who hunt use ATV's and will need a helmet and a hydration pack etc and if anything they (Vista or one of their brands like Camelbak or Bell etc) are working towards reasonable shared access for everyone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filterx said:

The guy I spoke to on the phone was straight up and honest IMO. I explianed I live in Canada which IMO considering the amount of people vs how big the country is, regardless of what type of sport we are into we can generally all get along and work out how things are shared. I also explained that I have a pretty good understanding of the issues involved access in the USA  but realized its complicated and I'm open to understanding better

He then explained that Camelbak is now owned by Vista Outdoors https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands

And he then asked me if I owned Bell dirt bike helmet or how many people do?

Then if you look at the brands they carry, they understand that guys who hunt use ATV's and will need a helmet and a hydration pack etc and if anything they (Vista or one of their brands like Camelbak or Bell etc) are working towards reasonable shared access for everyone.

Aha, they have owned Camelbak for less than 2 years.  If they in fact as an umbrella corporation are dedicated to NOT alienating the motorsports market then I applaud them.  Time will tell I guess, but this is a good sign. :thumbsup:

http://news.vistaoutdoor.com/2015-07-27-Vista-Outdoor-Announces-Agreement-to-Acquire-CamelBak-Products-LLC

• Like 3