2017 Mapping

Do you have the GYTR Power Tuner?  If so, just start with one of the Yamaha suggested maps that is closest to the conditions you will ride next and then make small adjustments and record the changes and their results.  It's very easy and simpler and more effective than getting a shop to guess at maps for you.  That's how I did it for my 2016 YZ250F and I got some maps that I love for the various conditions I ride.

I've been running my 2017 YZ250FX the past few weekends on tight single track and wider, straighter trails with sand whoops and I really like the base (all zeroes) maps on this bike for those conditions.  I'm still waiting for local tracks to dry out a bit so that I can start trying the FX there and developing some maps.

I am also hunting for 17 250F maps.  Seems to be as rare as Alta's.

I am new to the 4T world. Have a new 17 250F with .5 hrs. on it.   I have seen the maps on Yamaha's website for the 17, but that is all I have seen.  Right now I do not feel comfy with "winging" it with maps. 

My bike is stock.

Fuel is 50/50 VP T4 (100 oct/oxy) & 90 octane non ethanol fuel.

Maybe someone else has found maps that pertain to the 17...?

18 hours ago, Whymee said:

I am also hunting for 17 250F maps.  Seems to be as rare as Alta's.

I am new to the 4T world. Have a new 17 250F with .5 hrs. on it.   I have seen the maps on Yamaha's website for the 17, but that is all I have seen.  Right now I do not feel comfy with "winging" it with maps. 

My bike is stock.

Fuel is 50/50 VP T4 (100 oct/oxy) & 90 octane non ethanol fuel.

Maybe someone else has found maps that pertain to the 17...?

Saw you post on Vital as well. Rare as Unicorns. I haven't found diddly either,  I've put some messages out to test riders and mags with no replys. The reports I have found seem to be unanimous in that they like the stock map pretty much. One test site said their expert level  liked the aggressive map ( I assume that is the sand/loam map).

I'll continue with the stock map until I hear something better to try. I'm stock, FMF Ti4, and flow more air with the cycra kit, screen elim and a vented plate. 50/50 NE fuel.

Edited by Concep29

Thanks for the reply Concep29.

I plan on adding a pipe & the Twin Air Powerflow Kit.  That screen seems to me, to be taking up alot of the available area to pass air. 

Without maps there is no way I will attempt this.  I almost wish for something I understand: a carburetor.

I bought the GYTR  Power Tuner and learned how to use it.  It's very, very easy to use.

You can store maps and download them in a minute.  Swapping brass in a carb is much harder.

If I can do it anyone can.

I carried alot of my parts over from my 14 to my 17. Stock map is awesome. I love to hammer like a 125 in the sand and I found the stock mapmid great the aggresive is to much.  I changed maps alot on my 14. But the 17 is sweet as .