2002 ktm 125 sx

To all of those bad mouthing the KTM 125 SX you have no clue as to what you're talking about.My bike has been in my family since new.My youngest brother came in second overall in Canada with this bike.It still runs like a top and any time I thought she was going to lay down on me.I cracked the throttle and she will stand straight up.The guys at the cycle shop told me that that bike is better than the new 250's still to this day and if you doubt my words.Come here and put your money where your mouth is.Katey will send you home with your tail between your legs, just as my pit bull will.Look forward to those who think otherwise and have 10 miles of trails to prove it on.

Wow, cracking first post! The 125sx pre linkage was more powerful through the range due to the offset position of the shock which allowed a straight airbox. Run a 39mm carb as standard. We have had an assortment of KTM 125s and while the pre linkage was good, tell your brother to get a 2016 on 125 - they are light years ahead in power delivery and handling as standard. Then he can come 1st in his championship. I am not aware of anyone knocking the 125s - they are good bikes from any era. Bob.

Edited by 7Tktm
  • Like 2

Wow, that may be the weirdest 1st post ever...

Edited by rpt50
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, rpt50 said:

Wow, that may be the weirdest 1st post ever...

Agreed, I read it a while ago, didn't know how to respond, but felt I should, lol.

OP, not sure who was ragging on your 02, for the record I had a few 03's, good bikes.  I ride a 13 now, and agree with 7ktm, they've come a long way since then.  

• Like 3

I think in general 125's get very little respect. A lot of riders will never experience a 125 because there egos get in the way.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, GreenMT_Rider said:

I think in general 125's get very little respect. A lot of riders will never experience a 125 because there egos get in the way.

Glad I finally got one. 

• Like 2

I bought my ex a 2003 125 and it was fast as hell, I liked messing around on it cause it was sooooo light, prolly a good bike for learner trials. its seemed to turn alright but 5 gear limited to about 55 mph :naughty:

I don't know if it's because this one is the race edition. But it has a 6 speed in it. I always say I can go faster than anyone on even their machines. I'm only 140 ibs and my younger brother is 180. He tried a RM the next year and went back to the Krm. Hasn't raced for a couple years now. Think he might get back into it now his son is a little older

I was looking for the manual online since it was on my phone and it crapped out. Then I saw on Google that someone posted on here to never buy a 125 Ktm because they sunk a pile of cash into doing it up and never worked right. This one has been run with all synthetic oils since day one. I say take care of them properly and they will last a lifetime. I'd like to have the top end redone but can't afford it right now. 

Edited by John Zela
Submitted before I was done

On 5/5/2017 at 1:30 AM, John Zela said:

To all of those bad mouthing the KTM 125 SX you have no clue as to what you're talking about.My bike has been in my family since new.My youngest brother came in second overall in Canada with this bike.It still runs like a top and any time I thought she was going to lay down on me.I cracked the throttle and she will stand straight up.The guys at the cycle shop told me that that bike is better than the new 250's still to this day and if you doubt my words.Come here and put your money where your mouth is.Katey will send you home with your tail between your legs, just as my pit bull will.Look forward to those who think otherwise and have 10 miles of trails to prove it on.

Does this race pay money?  Lol you should try out a modern 250f then report back :ride:

21 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Does this race pay money?  Lol you should try out a modern 250f then report back :ride:

The 125 is just fine.Like I said I'm 140 lbs.I've ridden 500's.For my weight and height.This is the perfect bike for me and it's been in the family since new.I'm actually the 3rd brother to own it and not in bad shape for 15 years old. 

1000623_389704231155656_10154754_n.jpg

7 minutes ago, John Zela said:

The 125 is just fine.Like I said I'm 140 lbs.I've ridden 500's.For my weight and height.This is the perfect bike for me and it's been in the family since new.I'm actually the 3rd brother to own it and not in bad shape for 15 years old. 

1000623_389704231155656_10154754_n.jpg

Yes it's a 125 any of them are good if taken care of. Just be careful calling people out unless you got the $$$ to back it up. There's lots of guys on here that are better than you think.  Some of us have done this are whole lives. It's not the bike unless you're a tv pro. 

• Like 1

It has been since that pic was taken.I had to do the bearing and replace a couple of spokes.It didn't like me wiping out on the muddy rock portion of the trail too much.Took out the shifter linkage as well.Had to do the rest in second gear only.Was still a lot of fun.

32 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Yes it's a 125 any of them are good if taken care of. Just be careful calling people out unless you got the $$$ to back it up. There's lots of guys on here that are better than you think.  Some of us have done this are whole lives. It's not the bike unless you're a tv pro. 

This post was for the one calling these bikes shit and saying never to buy one.I too have been riding all my life.I started on a YZ 80 when I was 8 and am 48 now.I parked my bike beside a yamaha 125 a couple years ago.Mine made it look like a 80.If you got a125 or 250 and want to have some fun on some really good trails.There are 10 miles of privately owned trails here that can be treacherous in some places.Not sure about the U.S but here our bikes have to be insured and registered to run on crown land.The Cougar patch takes a full day from start to finish.My buddies all have quads so they carry my extra gas for me.All out I'll go through a tank in 10 minutes no problem if I go all out.

1 minute ago, John Zela said:

This post was for the one calling these bikes shit and saying never to buy one.I too have been riding all my life.I started on a YZ 80 when I was 8 and am 48 now.I parked my bike beside a yamaha 125 a couple years ago.Mine made it look like a 80.If you got a125 or 250 and want to have some fun on some really good trails.There are 10 miles of privately owned trails here that can be treacherous in some places.Not sure about the U.S but here our bikes have to be insured and registered to run on crown land.The Cougar patch takes a full day from start to finish.My buddies all have quads so they carry my extra gas for me.All out I'll go through a tank in 10 minutes no problem if I go all out.

Sry I thought you were a young kid to be honest :facepalm: 10 miles is just one lap at harescrambles tracks around here lol 

• Like 3

On 2017-05-07 at 6:43 PM, Motox367 said:

Sry I thought you were a young kid to be honest :facepalm: 10 miles is just one lap at harescrambles tracks around here lol 

That's ok.Still young at heart. 

• Like 1

If you like KTM's you gotta check out the movie Motto 8.They show guys at tracks all over the world catching some nice air.