brand new vforce 3 reeds have huge petal gap!?!?

so i just brought a set of vforce 3 reeds for my yz250 to replace the stock block and petals, i had a look and they have a big gap between the petals and the block but only on the inner petals. is this normal? i know they are supposed to be sealed. is there a way to fix them? im a bit pissed off since these retail for $240 in Australia. 

Et7GUL1.jpg

Are you sure you installed them correctly? They come warped and have only one proper way of installation. Like |( is not correct, |)  is the correct way.

I've had issues with Vforce. Finally dumped mine in favor of a stock cage and Boyesen "pro" series reeds. I've found the plastic/composite cage warped, no reed could sit flat.

• Like 2

Air leaks from around the cage and, petals not sealing properly is a common complaint with brand new VForce stuff on TT forums.

Fine tuning the jetting is often tricky enough, no one needs to add other variables to complicate things when 'upgrading' to new parts, especially at that price.

Big waste of money IMO, sounds likes it's all marketing with very little effort put in design and quality control.

Stock carbon fiber replacement or Boyesen 'Pro' reeds in a stock OEM cage will provide equal performance and better value.

Edited by mlatour

i always run the pro series reeds in the stock cage have for twenty years of yz 250s

Seems this has been a huge issue on the 2017 KTMs as they come stock with that reed/cage setup....

11 hours ago, ocdaan said:

Are you sure you installed them correctly? They come warped and have only one proper way of installation. Like |( is not correct, |)  is the correct way.

I brought the full kit so it comes with the petals pre instead. 

2 hours ago, Motox367 said:

Try taking them out flip over re arrange 

I was going to trying flipping them around (which should work) but trying to push the block out is mental, its soo damn tight i feel like im going to break it. 

6 minutes ago, c00kiebr0s said:

I was going to trying flipping them around (which should work) but trying to push the block out is mental, its soo damn tight i feel like im going to break it. 

Push harder lol or try the other direction .  May have to tap it out. Want them to look like one in pic . Use to go threw 2 sets a season they get ate up if you ride hard 

20170505_173604.jpg

Edited by Motox367

6 minutes ago, c00kiebr0s said:

found out you cant flip them anyway since they come with a bend at the bottom

These are from 08-10 yz250's no bend I saved them incase one went at race's . There's no bend :thumbsup: and I've used one of these in a 00' I picked up

20170505_180421.jpg

At 240$ for a set of fancy reeds, you shouldn't have to dis-assemble and re-assemble/tweak them to work & fit properly.

If only everyone who has experienced this had returned them and let the manufacturer know of their insatisfaction,

maybe it would result in a better product and improvements in quality control.

• Like 2

At 240$ for a set of fancy reeds, you shouldn't have to dis-assemble and re-assemble/tweak them to work & fit properly.

If only everyone who has experienced this had returned them and let the manufacturer know of their insatisfaction,
maybe it would result in a better product and improvements in quality control.

If it had been me ......I would have called to where ever I purchased them and the lid em about it and had em replace it or refund me.