Legal Riding near Pittsburgh without Insurance or Title

Hello all,

I am a PA resident living in the Pittsburgh area and I am looking for somewhere to ride some good trails that are not too far from Pittsburgh and places that I do not need Liability Insurance or a Title for my bike. Nothing too technical, just a good place to have some fun and not have to be an expert to make it through. Obviously the closer the better, but I am hoping to stay within 2-2.5 hours. I also do not mind going into West Virginia or Ohio if I have to as long as it is within my distance range.

Thank you for the help in advanced, and sorry if this is a repeat of a thread, but I could not find what I was looking for.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you end up finding anywhere good to ride? I'm moving back to the Pittsburgh area next month and getting back into riding after about 12 years off. Looking forward to it but not sure where to ride anymore haha!

So far, all I have really found is Mines and Meadows, and Slippery Rock Dunes. I haven't had a chance to go to Slippery Rock, but I did get a chance to go to Mines and Meadows and it was a great time. All the trails are rated and vary terrain, about the only issue we found was some of the trail have very deep ruts from quads and side by sides that make it a little trickier for the bikes, but overall a great time! 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mountain ridge and Rock run would let you ride.
ICV requires insurance
The last time that I rode Rock Run, they required purchase of a $10 sticker on any unplated bike. The sticker was good for the season. My understanding is that is requirement by the state, since they receive state funding.

MR doesn't require anything other than a helmet at all times.

Thanks all! I definitely plan to check out Mountain ridge this summer. Been going to Mines and Meadows and enjoy it, but it's nice to mix it up. Back in the day, I used to ride in the Slag Dumps but not sure if that's still an option. Or that I'd even want to park my truck around there now that I'm a bit older (and don't feel like dealing with tickets/towing/etc.). Also back then, there was a spot that we built a jump in the south side slopes (a few blocks up from East Carson!) but only rode there since I lived nearby.

I'll take a look at Rock Run - don't mind paying $10 for a sticker.

A buddy of mine, who can get bored really quick in many areas we ride due to his skill level, really likes Mountain Ridge. He said there are some trails that are nice technical runs.

I grew up (partly) in Central City, but there is a lot more free riding, and more technical, here in Windber. It's only a 15 min drive for me, but I haven't been yet. I struggle with paying for riding when I have literally days and days of riding right out my back door. [emoji4] I definitely have plans to go, though. A riding buddy of mine from Murrysville keeps asking me about going.