Should i buy this kx125

I was wondering what you guys think of this deal. I got him down to 2000. Is it worth it? Thanks.

Screenshot_20170505-142827.png

Screenshot_20170505-142831.png

I wouldn't spend a dime more than what you talked him down to. 2k is alot of money for an 02' that seems to be stock. But you might be playing it safe by dishing out the extra money to buy something you KNOW has been rebuilt and will probably be reliable assuming he has all the papers to probe his work.

On the other hand.. everything he listed as being "rebuilt" is just maintenance that EVERY bike owner should do and yet he is upcharging for it...

Tough call

I wouldn't, look at Kelly blue book, I bet it only lists for 7-$900, all that stuff does help alot and ain't cheap but it's 17 years old

$1,000 bike tops, all he mentions is he claims it has been maintained. Sorry, but taking care of something does not make it worth twice. You start at a grand for a bike like that THEN subtract for all the thins wrong with it. You do not start ata grand and add on for stuff you did to make it function.

LOL, I just recently bought a 2002 Honda CR125 about two months ago for $1,000. So far I've spent $1,400 additional on the following: 

Fat man springs: $270

Suspension  service, seals, oil, nitrogen, spring installation: $295

Box of "free" plastics and a tall seat (shipping fees): $40

Pro Circuit  Type 296 spark arrestor: $130

T.M. Designs slide and glide kit: $80

New carb slide, O rings, jets, fuel breather vents, and a whole new gently used 38mm TMX: $150

New clutch lever /perch, front brake leaver, new throttle and clutch cable, new shift lever : $70

ORV tabs and title transfer fees: $130

New OEM  expansion chamber on eBay: $60

Cycra plastic glide plate: $42

Cheap-O Chinese handguards (Acerbis knock off): $22

Rear shock linkage kit and labor $110

If this KX does not need ANY of this then you just saved $400. You will NEVER know how much it needs until you bring it home. Absolutely positively demand receipts for all claimed work otherwise it's another $1,000 bike at best. :blah:

To much. Money put into a bike/car/truck never comes back to you. If its mint a few hundred over book value. I look though Craigslist and there are so many people trying to get crazy money for old toys. Vintage /antiques totally different.

• Like 1

Shouldn't have needed all that work if it were mint.  Now its been taken apart and put back together again by an individual with unknown mechanical aptitude who used unknown quality parts.

Wouldn't spend more than $1000.