Will these 2002 plastics fit on a 1998 GasGas EC300?

I bought graphics for my bike and I'm going to order new plastics to put them on so it'll make my bike look fancy. I just wanna know if these 2002 plastics will bolt up on my '98 bike. Any help is appreciated.IMG_2128.PNGIMG_2094.PNGIMG_2029.JPG

I think you will be missing the airbox door on the left side.  After 2000 GG used a different air box with an open left side to allow for easier filter access.  I think your airbox probably is the same ( mirror image on both sides), similar to the right side box and number plate.  

You can either change your air box to match the plastic shown above and get the door. I not sure if you can get a white door and modify the air box. 

Or

It may be easier to use these older KX number plates  and rear fender.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acerbis-Side-Number-Plates-Panels-Plastic-White-Kawasaki-KX125-KX250-1994-1998-/331021431283?fits=Model%3AKX250&hash=item4d126a31f3:g:65sAAOSwm8VUz0js&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ufo-Rear-Fender-Guard-Plastic-Fits-Kawasaki-Kx125-Kx250-1994-1995-1996-1997-1998-/400812076435?fits=Model%3AKX250&var=670364174504&hash=item5d5242ed93:g:p9IAAOSw0vBUcWIL&vxp=mtr

• Like 1

I have retrofit and put 2000 plastic including airbox and shrouds on a 2004 and they fit fine.  I also did a 2002 plastic swap with the airbox on a 2000.  Althought I have not tried it on a 1998/1999.  Is there a difference for the 1998/1999 vs 2000 and later because of the old style gas tank and seat?

Edited by shredmasterz
more info

I think you will be missing the airbox door on the left side.  After 2000 GG used a different air box with an open left side to allow for easier filter access.  I think your airbox probably is the same ( mirror image on both sides), similar to the right side box and number plate.  
You can either change your air box to match the plastic shown above and get the door. I not sure if you can get a white door and modify the air box. 
Or
It may be easier to use these older KX number plates  and rear fender.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Acerbis-Side-Number-Plates-Panels-Plastic-White-Kawasaki-KX125-KX250-1994-1998-/331021431283?fits=Model%3AKX250&hash=item4d126a31f3:g:65sAAOSwm8VUz0js&vxp=mtr
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ufo-Rear-Fender-Guard-Plastic-Fits-Kawasaki-Kx125-Kx250-1994-1995-1996-1997-1998-/400812076435?fits=Model%3AKX250&var=670364174504&hash=item5d5242ed93:g:p9IAAOSw0vBUcWIL&vxp=mtr

Where can I find a new air box that will fit correctly for these plastics?

You may want to wait until someone answers the question about the differences in older gas tanks and shroud fitment.

You may want to wait until someone answers the question about the differences in older gas tanks and shroud fitment.

Sure thing, thank you
Radiator shrouds will be different. Bolt to the tank in different spots

So, is there a gas tank that I can get for the bike that will fit these plastics, but still fit in my bike fine?

This is the '99 and earlier gas tank mounting.

19FC8863-E1C5-4919-BAA3-37F21A96DF53_zpsgxnxrfps.jpg

The later shrouds will not fit. I tried.

This is the '99 and earlier gas tank mounting.

19FC8863-E1C5-4919-BAA3-37F21A96DF53_zpsgxnxrfps.jpg

The later shrouds will not fit. I tried.

So, dumb idea but is there any possible way I could tack some spots in the tank to bolt up the newer shrouds? Shallow tacks so it doesn't leak the tank?

have a look at my 'mini project' thread. 

ive been working on the same year gasgas. you can fit those newer rear panels put you do have to modify the airbox and order the 'door' for the airfilter (only £8 new from gasgas)

the tank panels wont fit so youll need a newer shape fuel tank and seat.

i actually have same brand new 1998 plastics in blue the same as yours. shame yours 1000's of miles away lol

one thing i noticed is that in the uk the later gas tanks go for really strong money. if you can make a small bracket for the front you can use a pampera tank which is very cheap.

have a look at my 'mini project' thread. 
ive been working on the same year gasgas. you can fit those newer rear panels put you do have to modify the airbox and order the 'door' for the airfilter (only £8 new from gasgas)
the tank panels wont fit so youll need a newer shape fuel tank and seat.
i actually have same brand new 1998 plastics in blue the same as yours. shame yours 1000's of miles away lol

Yeah lol. I'm going to modify the air box and put a door on it no biggie. And I'm going to buy 3m valcro strips for the shrouds, a screw in the radiator to hold it on, and put 3M Velcro on it to "latch" it to the tank!

i have a older shape tank too and looked at modifying the newer shrouds for it but its a totally different shape. they really dont sit correctly or at the right height on the tank either.

can you 'make' them fit...... yeah sure, anything can be made to fit. will it look right? im not so sure tbh. 

i have a older shape tank too and looked at modifying the newer shrouds for it but its a totally different shape. they really dont sit correctly or at the right height on the tank either.
can you 'make' them fit...... yeah sure, anything can be made to fit. will it look right? im not so sure tbh. 
[/quote) ehhhh I'm not that worried about it I just want them to fit on there in any way. I don't mind them not looking right, as long as they're ON there

You can get a newer tank, newer seat and newer subframe. Thats why I stuck with my shrouds with new plastics and graphics on the rest. I have since found that I can put different side plastics. I'll do a test fit. I have a '99 and a '01. So when I have a spare afternoon I'll screw around with it.

You can get a newer tank, newer seat and newer subframe. Thats why I stuck with my shrouds with new plastics and graphics on the rest. I have since found that I can put different side plastics. I'll do a test fit. I have a '99 and a '01. So when I have a spare afternoon I'll screw around with it.

I'm already putting $400 just in the plastics graphics and tires, getting a new tank, seat, and subframe is going to be a little more pricey, I decided just to Velcro the shrouds on and say screw it. You think that's alright?

The photos prove the older 98 and 99 tanks are different than the 2000 and newer tanks.  The tank plastic is slippery and I do not now if the Velcro will stick to it.   It may be possible to make some aluminum brackets that come off the stock tank mounts and come around the side of the tank to where the new plastic mounts up?  or you can get the new tank and seat.  The old sub frame will work with the new tank and seat. You will need a  tank that has the recess in the bottom for the upper shock mount.  I think all of the new ones do but I am not positive so you should ask the seller first.  This tank has the recess for the shock mount.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-00-GasGas-EC250-250-Enducross-Fuel-Tank-Petrol-Reservoir-Gas-Tank-Canister-/172639749503?hash=item283221857f:g:TJ8AAOSwSypY~Gf-&vxp=mtr