Ok so '16 and older slip ons won't work on 2017's

Didn't see any other threads talking about it so here is mine.

IMG_3700.JPG

• Like 1

It has been discussed though you are the first with a pic. One person said they had a muffler shop open the slip on's tube so that it would fit.

Edited by Evan D
  • Like 1

I thought about doing that, it would also need trimmed down too I think.  I can still return my slip on, I merely poked the end through the plastic.  FMF says they expect to have one by the end of the month.  I prefer Big Gun because of the red tip, they have no ETA.

For anyone searching this topic in the future.  This is a quote from Dirtmax.  "The slip on will not fit, headpipe on 2017 is much larger, I had a muffler shop open up pipe on FMF Q4, shortened it 1" and then it fit perfect."

• Like 1

I took some pictures of the stock exhaust - one surprise is that it seems to have a stepped primary pipe as standard!  So it's not the full 38 mm (1.5") ID all the way along, instead starting at about 35 mm (1 3/8").

The pipe is about 450 mm (18") up to the step, then another 300 mm (12") to the flange pictured in the post above - so add about another 2 inches to the total length.

I didn't remove the pipe from the head, so I estimated the inner diameter before the step by measuring the outer perimeter and assuming the gauge is the same as the section after the step (0.75 mm / 0.03").  It came out at 36.6 mm OD.

The silencer / muffler doesn't seem very heavy for its size, but I didn't weigh it.  I was disappointed at the rust already present, but not exactly surprised.  Note it doesn't have the removable spark arrestor, being a UK model.  It has a noticeable and actually relatively pleasing bark, but is obviously far from being loud.

DSC_0246.JPG

DSC_0247.JPG

DSC_0248.JPG

DSC_0249.JPG

DSC_0250.JPG