New rider reporting

Hi TT. New DRZ rider here, got a -00 S, this monday. I love it!

Bought it so the girlfriend has something she can drop as much as she'd like while learning. Might sell the DR650(800) and get one for just myself :D

Doing 1000km dirt riding this weekend, function test you know :D local dealer only hade a single DS tire, riding wide is the only option haha

The bike got low miles, but it's soon old enough to vote, so Im gonna tear into the engine. Anything I should look for? Its bone stock btw, cept for a manual cam tensioner

IMG_20170505_183023.jpg

• Like 1

why would you tear into the engine .. mines a '00 and has never had a side cover off, dont fix it if it aint broke .... thats an unusual color scheme on that bike though i like it, pretty sure we didnt have those colors here ..

Familiarity would be a big reason. If Im replacing the trusty DR, then Id like to know the new bike just as intimatly. 

Also, plan for next summer is Sweden-Iran, would prefer whatever iron I use for that to be tip top. 

Glad you like the colors :) guessing the tank will get replaced, rest Ill keep as is. 

I would do some diagnostics before tearing the engine down. If compression is good, leave it alone except for normal PM.