Baffle Removal

Heard a rattling noise on my bike somewhere, when I would kill the bike you could hear a screw falling down the exhaust then when I would start it up the air would push it back and would happen again and came to the conclusion​ that its a screw that came off the baffle. So my question is when I take the exhaust off can the baffle be replaced or..?

Just pull off the muffler, dismantle it, and re install the screw

If the threading for the baffle is stripped and if I just decided to take it out would it effect the engine much. I know it'll make it louder but the louder the better as long as it doesn't hurt the engine

I have a screw that fell off and I'm guessing it's my baffle but I'm wondering is there any consequences of taking out the baffle. Like engine performance or back pressure. I don't mind it getting louder I prefer that anyways

11 hours ago, Monster Kawi250 said:

If the threading for the baffle is stripped and if I just decided to take it out would it effect the engine much. I know it'll make it louder but the louder the better as long as it doesn't hurt the engine

If you take the baffle out, so goes the packing, and you're left with an empty can. Just save yourself the trouble and take the muffler completely off and run it out the mid pipe. Yeah it'll hurt the performance, but who cares, you'll be the coolest cat at the track because you have the loudest bike..

&%$#@! me, where do these people come from.. :rolleyes: