2007 CRF250R oil leak

I have a oil leak around my stator case what's the best thing to use for a sealer gasket maker or silicone

I would just get a real gasket, but if you want something fast, go to a local auto parts store and get the gasket material, and cut down to fit.

• Like 1

I have just put a new gasket in but it's leaking around the rubber grommet the holds the wire

I'm assuming you are talking about the gasket with the red arrow?

Clipboard01.jpg.645ac2ff2aa10094c09c4979493cf28d.jpg

If so, really you should not have oil leaking out of here but if you do, have your checked your engine oil level and is it at the top of the dipstick?

If its leaking from the stator harness just pull the cover off, pull the rubber grommet out and clean all the oil off.  then just use some silicone and let it dry before reinstalling.  I believe these are sealed right from the factory so its quite possible that it just needs to be redone.  I did this on my 2005 when I had to replace the stator.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, onekidneywonder said:

If its leaking from the stator harness just pull the cover off, pull the rubber grommet out and clean all the oil off.  then just use some silicone and let it dry before reinstalling.  I believe these are sealed right from the factory so its quite possible that it just needs to be redone.  I did this on my 2005 when I had to replace the stator.

Ya when I pulled the left outer cover on my 05 when I put in a flywheel weight I put on some silicone but really it never actually leaked oil from this area

8 hours ago, filterx said:

Ya when I pulled the left outer cover on my 05 when I put in a flywheel weight I put on some silicone but really it never actually leaked oil from this area

I don't think I ever had a leak either, maybe a little oil would weep out just around the edge to collect dust but I did it more to keep water from possibly getting in.  Like you said, if its leaking out from there in any sort of volume then there might be a bigger issue.

• Like 1