What do you use to clean and condition your riding boots?

I had some plastic on the top of my trail boots crack, so I tried Mother's VLR (vinyl, leather, rubber) cleaner and conditioner to help prolong the life of my Tech 8s. 

Im not aware that any product would extend the life of the plastic parts but for the leather areas, I've used ball glove oil, neatsfoot oil, (not sure if thats a brand name or not. Any boot oil for leather boots would do.

I've found and used several conditioners for leather but it is more difficult to find a product for conditioning plastics.  I've seen tire foam and silicone grease mentioned.  My old Astars boots have some cracks in the plastic so I'm more concerned about that.  The leather doesn't seem to need much care.  I may try the tire foam next as I think the silicone grease will collect too much dirt.

4 hours ago, Bryan Bosch said:

I just a little dish soap with soft bristle brush. Then, when everything is dry, silicone spray for the plastics and Lexol leather conditioner.

Now that sounds like a good combination!  Riding boots are made of at least leather, plastic and rubber, and each material should get the proper conditioner for that material.

Edited by Benski
rewording
  • Like 1