Looking to clean up my 1998 RM250 what's the best place for plastics and graphics?

IMG_0865.JPGIMG_0856.JPGIMG_0866.JPG

Hey there! Just wondering how people keep these old bikes so fresh, I'm looking to freshen up my 1998 rm250 with some cool plastics / seat cover / graphics. Just wondering where everyone's favorite place to buy is. Also what if I was wanting some different color options for plastics other than the standard yellow black or white. I was thinking of this kind of look IMG_1035.JPG but perhaps yellow in front and Suzuki blue seat and rear. What do you guys think??

Never seen any other color for that generation RM beyond yellow, then again I never looked either.  But a different seat cover, and a full graphics kit will totally transform the looks.  Changing the radiator shrouds back to the yellow '96 RM250's will help because their small and actually look more modern, and the red frame color isn't doing much for me either.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree, the red frame just shows the wear too much, I think I'll be powder coating that after the summer turns to winter. Have you had any experience with the universal front or rear fenders? They are the only ones I'm able to find in a wide range of color.

The rear fender design has you in a hole, it's possible that something else could fit but it may not look right.  You "could" consider getting a white plastic front and rear fender for a 2001 and new RM and possibly adapting that (not sure if the rear would fit).  Aftermarket gas tanks come in natural (clear white), so then your left with trying to find white radiator shrouds.  But at that point you will have a totally different ride, and I've never seen that general RM done up in white.  And then maybe go old school and powder coat the frame blue with a custom graphics kit and seat cover, you'll end up with a brand new and possibly modern looking bike!

• Like 1

That sounds fresh, I'm gonna look into the plastics right away. Is there a favorite place of yours to buy custom graphics zig?

4 hours ago, Bartstalledit said:

That sounds fresh, I'm gonna look into the plastics right away. Is there a favorite place of yours to buy custom graphics zig?

I have '96 RM250 radiator shrouds on my '99 RM250, bought just the shroud graphics from this company:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-RM125-RM250-RM-125-250-1996-1997-1998-Graphics-Kit-/252873927756?hash=item3ae075ec4c:g:9Z0AAOSwgk1XF8kk&vxp=mtr

I have '96 RM250 radiator shrouds on my '99 RM250, bought just the shroud graphics from this company:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-RM125-RM250-RM-125-250-1996-1997-1998-Graphics-Kit-/252873927756?hash=item3ae075ec4c:g:9Z0AAOSwgk1XF8kk&vxp=mtr

Okay, I just bought a oversized (which I wanted anyways. My riding buddy's all have larger gas tanks and more range than my bike) IMS natural or translucent gas tank, it's used but I got a good deal on it. Trying to keep my body change to around $300. IMG_0020.PNGIMG_0018.PNGIMG_0019.PNGIMG_0017.PNG

The color does have me a bit worried, I know that gas discolors tanks overtime. Hopefully a little elbow grease can get the exterior a little lighter. Gonna go for the all white with blue seat and frame look you mentioned. What would you clean the tank with zig?

I do not have a lot of experience with the natural color IMS tanks.  It seems like SOS pads do about the best for cleaning up tanks, but in this case it's the gas working it's way through the plastic that discolored it so I'm not sure what to do.  This is also why I never use gas tank decals, eventually they all fall off ~ so I don't bother.  You could just "accept" the change and by going with new fenders and a full graphics kit, your RM will still end up looking pretty sweet!

That's the plan, I'm bidding on some 96 shrouds they look pretty sweet compared to other years. I don't think I will have a problem putting on a newer like '01 front fender right? Bolt pattern looks the same. Still thinking about going with a black rear fender to give a sweet two tone look to he bike, if I do that I'll rock a black and white stripe seat. Starting to get excited about the options!