Jump to content

Riding in the rain

Recommended Posts

We're supposed to get rain today until next week all day:( just wondering how everyone washes there bikes after the mud while it's still raining when u get home. I love riding in the rain, but also like drying my bike. Wondering what u do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My question is how you see anything in the rain? Water always be getting in between my tear offs. 

I thought about trying rain-x on my goggles but am not sure if it will ruin the lense. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
My question is how you see anything in the rain? Water always be getting in between my tear offs. 
I thought about trying rain-x on my goggles but am not sure if it will ruin the lense. 

It never ruined my clear lenses
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't have an answer for you.  I don't use tear offs so.  I have used rain x with success on full face shield before.  Might work on goggles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, S-L-C said:

We're supposed to get rain today until next week all day:( just wondering how everyone washes there bikes after the mud while it's still raining when u get home. I love riding in the rain, but also like drying my bike. Wondering what u do.

Just wash it as you normally would then when I want to really dry my bike I bought a cheap 120V leaf blower

Otherwise pick your colour and mount this to chin part of your helmet. 100% proven to keep your lens dry :)

S14284-1.jpg

Edited by filterx
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if you're a big enough boy to ride in the scawwwy rain then when you get home just wash it normally, even if it's pouring. get everything off of it the normal way you do.

When you're done put it in the garage and dry it there. No different. 


Went on a ride today in the rain and it was good! really dirty :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Why anyone would choose to ride in the rain/mud is beyond my comprehension.

Wha.....what did you just say? You my friend, aren't a real dirt biker. sell all your bikes and never touch one ever again! it's just to hazardous for you.

 

Don't want that rain hurting you 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TomTopDog12 said:

Wha.....what did you just say? You my friend, aren't a real dirt biker. sell all your bikes and never touch one ever again! it's just to hazardous for you.

 

Don't want that rain hurting you 

I hate mud.  I don't drive my Jeep in the mud and I don't ride the dirt bike in the mud.  I hate mud.  I like dirt without the mud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cjjeepercreeper said:

I hate mud.  I don't drive my Jeep in the mud and I don't ride the dirt bike in the mud.  I hate mud.  I like dirt without the mud.

So then don't go in the mud? It rained for 3 days here and i went riding today. wasn't any mud but it was still raining a bit. Was a great day and considering. my bikes didn't get all that dirty. 

 

Try rain riding sometimes.

 

It will make you a better rider. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TomTopDog12 said:

So then don't go in the mud? It rained for 3 days here and i went riding today. wasn't any mud but it was still raining a bit. Was a great day and considering. my bikes didn't get all that dirty. 

 

Try rain riding sometimes.

 

It will make you a better rider. 

I have ridden in the rain plenty of times, I just don't do it by choice.  Mud is extremely hard on things like bearings and brakes, IMO it is foolish to choose to ride in it, but sometimes you have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cjjeepercreeper said:

I have ridden in the rain plenty of times, I just don't do it by choice.  Mud is extremely hard on things like bearings and brakes, IMO it is foolish to choose to ride in it, but sometimes you have to.

I personally won't ride in mud anymore, over the years I've become pretty wise and before i'd look for it, now i steer clear :) but rain, hell I love rain! more the better! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TomTopDog12 said:

I personally won't ride in mud anymore, over the years I've become pretty wise and before i'd look for it, now i steer clear :) but rain, hell I love rain! more the better! 

When I rode street I actually like riding in the rain out in the country, but not around town of course.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read a recent study that mention people who don't ride in mud could be possible terrorists.  :p  

 

As far as mud damaging bearings and stuff, so does dirt, rain, uv sunlight, extreme heat, extreme cold, and riding it at all.  That why you should wash your bike after every ride regardless of conditions.  I personally love riding in mud because it adds a level of difficulty you don't encounter elsewhere.  Mud is challenging, which is what makes it so fun.  Besides, wheel bearings and brakes wear out anyway.  And they are the cheapest parts to replace.  I'll gladly take a mud bath when the opportunity arrives, my bike will get a real bath when I'm done anyway.

 

Dirt bikes are toys and should be beaten and loved at the same time.  Expect to do some maintenance from time to time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Why anyone would choose to ride in the rain/mud is beyond my comprehension.

Ill ride in the rain so I get the trail to myself while all the big puss riders stay home... :ride:

Has anyone tried rainx on a coated lense?

 

Edited by Casing-daily
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Casing-daily said:

Ill ride in the rain so I get the trail to myself while all the big puss riders stay home... :ride:

Has anyone tried rainx on a coated lense?

 

Exactly! My riding buddies were suppose to come out today, but i guess the rain scared them....oh well. More for me!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Living in the PNW, if I didn't ride in the rain i probably would never ride.

If its not a Monsooning I'm usually good to go BUT give me a couple days of rain then 3 weeks of sun, then repeat.

From last weekend in a bit of rain a few puddles. Traction was as good as it gets :)20170430_130904.thumb.jpg.0e669bfe78618cb4b72dfb9cfe69be98.jpg

Edited by filterx
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always air dry in the garage after pressure washing with one of these. Blow if off with compressed air first then leave the fan running over night.

cda4e090aa071ed697b97c0d9555fd9a.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our soil here is either very sandy or clay. The sandy soil is like velcro aftet a good rain, the clay is like snot. Problem is, they very often look alike, you can be blasting along on full traction sandy stuff, then you hit clay, and away you go. :facepalm:

Edited by cjjeepercreeper
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×