Grab Handle

Hi. I am very new to KTM and I like it very well. The only problem I have is I can't find one of the grab handles for my bike. I have a 2009 KTM 150sx. I see that they have the for the 2013's and up, but none for 2009. Will the ones for the 2013 and up fit the 2009?

I don't know the specific answer to your question. But look at Enduro Engineering. I have a rear grab handle on my 300 XCW that bolts onto the mounting points for the muffler. Very sturdy and holds up well. It probably would take a different model for your bike, but I bet they offer it.

(a fair number of the KTM branded accessories are really just Enduro Engineering parts, colored Orange)

I have a 05 250exc and just bought a 11 250xc. I was looking forward to adding one of them grab handles like you mentioned. I have big hands and it isn't that great. It is awkward for me to use. I use my tugger strap 99% of the time. If you can't find one for your bike you are not missing much.

I don't know the specific answer to your question. But look at Enduro Engineering. I have a rear grab handle on my 300 XCW that bolts onto the mounting points for the muffler. Very sturdy and holds up well. It probably would take a different model for your bike, but I bet they offer it.

(a fair number of the KTM branded accessories are really just Enduro Engineering parts, colored Orange)

I was thinking enduro engineering but wasn't sure. I'm pretty sure the mounting points for the 09 150sx are the same as the ones on the 13 150sx. I don't think they would've changed that much but you never know. Thanks for your reply.

I have a 05 250exc and just bought a 11 250xc. I was looking forward to adding one of them grab handles like you mentioned. I have big hands and it isn't that great. It is awkward for me to use. I use my tugger strap 99% of the time. If you can't find one for your bike you are not missing much.

Yeah I see what you mean. They do look like they are pretty close to the side plate. I am a rather small person (5'6", 150lbs with small hands) so I think I'll beable to get my hand under it. Where did you buy your tugger strap at. I'd like to look at one of them too.

http://www.thetugger.com

They have been great to deal with. I have the front and rear straps. They both work great.
Cool. Seems like for a small person though that right above the seat would be a little high of a lift point. What do you think? I'll buy it anyways cause what have I got to lose (other than my bike in the mud) so thanks for the link!

It maybe tricky. I am 6'4". I beleive they have discount codes around too to save some money.
For the price it can't hurt to have another grab point when you fall. It is too tall of a lift point to use to put the bike on the stand but comes in handy on the trail. If you are a trail guy that is lol.

Yeah I love the trails. I am always catching myself needing somewhere to grab but don't have one lol. I'm definitely getting one now

• Like 1

Had one on my 08 because there is nowhere to grab ahold of. I had no problem grabbing the tugger to set bike on stand and I'm only 5'10". Lot of guys ripped the rear fenders off the 07-10 bikes because there is no factory handholds. 

• Like 1