Getting Back Into It After Another Trauma Ward Visit!

Back in the first week of January broke six ribs total in three different locations, punctured collapsed lung and a partially separated shoulder. Started riding again about a month ago. Did the same thing six years ago but only four broken ribs but all in the same place. This last go around was much more brutal. Most of the pain and associated problems are gone other then getting my confidence back. Not riding fast in these videos but enjoying the scenery!

Edited by NVDESERTPETE

What were your chashes? Mx? Like from racing or jumping, or just bad luck type crashes.  Hate those ones 

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

What were your chashes? Mx? Like from racing or jumping, or just bad luck type crashes.  Hate those ones 

Desert riding! Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose! Lol!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NVDESERTPETE said:

Understand that :ride: 

Vegas pun lol! Man that sounds brutal. Good to hear you're back out there. Doing the Apex run in reverse huh? Also, yes it is nice to enjoy more of the scenery when you aren't hauling ass. :-)

10 minutes ago, MotoHead said:

Vegas pun lol! Man that sounds brutal. Good to hear you're back out there. Doing the Apex run in reverse huh? Also, yes it is nice to enjoy more of the scenery when you aren't hauling ass. :-)

Hey Justin! This time around was about a two month recovery. Lived in my recliner for over a month only getting up for showers and nature calls. Only place I could sleep or minimize the pain. Thank God for LazyBoy! First time I broke my ribs and punctured my lung six years ago I was up and around at three weeks and back on my bike. A guy I used to work with along time ago told me, "getting old isn't for the chicken shit!"

Awesome vids. That looks like a very cool place to ride. 

Great to see you are back on the bike again!

• Like 1

Looks like the Leatt 5.5 HD Pro offers the best flank protection presently on the market. Only review negatives were that it can get a little hot! Ha! Ha! Who ever wrote those reviews doesn't live in Vegas, Lol! It's going to be hot no matter what you wear! Rob is pretty fast, but I can be faster when I want to.