CR125R Value?

Hey guys looking for some input on a bike I have. It's a 2004 Honda CR125R, with 3 original hours. It is prestine and still has nipples on tires. The original owner bought it new to ride with his sons, trail rode it once, fouled 2 plugs and bought a 4-stroke. I've had the bike and kept it more as a shelf piece in my basement and have debated listing it for sale. I have no idea what the thing would be worth, I've seen a few prestine 125-250s go upwards of $5000 on eBay. Input appreciated! And yes, it runs perfect! 

IMG_5921.JPG

I think to a collector the bike could bring over $4000 but to the average person just looking for a clean 125 to ride they would have a hard time paying about $3-3500 considering that for a little more they could buy a brand new yz125 or KTM. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bueller said:

I think to a collector the bike could bring over $4000 but to the average person just looking for a clean 125 to ride they would have a hard time paying about $3-3500 considering that for a little more they could buy a brand new yz125 or KTM. 

+1 to that ^

I recently bought a 2002 that was a little ratty for $1,000. Dumped another $1,400 into it for suspension rebuild/mods and to overcome maintenance neglect throughout the bike. Have $2,400 into it now. Still can't touch a good condition issue free YZ125 around here for that so I did good. 

The 2004 had an "issue" with the fact that it has a electric RC valve based power valve system. Some say this was an issue regarding engine power but overall magazines and "pro" reviewers found the 02-04 CR125s to just be slow. Whatever; they're great handling bikes with plenty of power. 

The only way you'll find out is to test the waters and list it. As with anything you can price it high and move down. That certainly isn't a highly regarded model but it's mint which would help. The latest significant benchmark was the release of 4 new 2007 CR250Rs that sold at auction within the last year. There is a thread on it found here

After the first one sold at a higher price the rest stayed at around $7000. This is a good indication that you'd be lucky to get $3500 for yours all things considered.