So Dungey won

While still half ass'n it all year is some funny shit! Anybody do a welfare check on Goride to make sure he didn't hang himself?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phantom451 said:

Was faster than Tomac in that race. Very impressive

Fastest lap time went to Tomac by over half a second (1:05.215 vs 1:05.862), Tomac also lead 17 laps, Dungey only leading 1. And Tomac finished on the podium while Dungey didn't. 

Yep, Dungey was definitely the fastest guy. 

• Like 7

Its called cat n mouse. You can't get taken out if your rival is right in front of you but he needs you 4 spots further back. Intelligence wins championships and RD has 4.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, MarioThePlumber said:

Fastest lap time went to Tomac by over half a second (1:05.215 vs 1:05.862), Tomac also lead 17 laps, Dungey only leading 1. And Tomac finished on the podium while Dungey didn't. 

Yep, Dungey was definitely the fastest guy. 

There's no question he was the fastest guy this season to anyone with a brain...    A few folks in here struggle with that though...

Edited by KTMRider4Life
  • Like 3

Yes Dungey won, mostly fair and square. KTM did it again!

• Like 2

Just now, KTMRider4Life said:

There's no question he was the fastest guy this season to anyone with a brain...    A few folks in here struggle with that though...

Well yeah, he got the championship. 

I readily admit Tomac screwed up last week big time and fully expected RD5 to win the overall last night. But damn, it was still an exciting race. Second best race of the season (I was in the crowd at Salt Lake, so I'm obviously saying that was the best race).

• Like 2

i spent a short time trying to find this info, but gave up on a Sunday morning.  It seems to me that Dungey's championship this year should be some sort of record for the LEAST number of wins in that season by the champ.  Anyone know if this is true?  Who had less if it's not true?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

i spent a short time trying to find this info, but gave up on a Sunday morning.  It seems to me that Dungey's championship this year should be some sort of record for the LEAST number of wins in that season by the champ.  Anyone know if this is true?  Who had less if it's not true?

Someone won a championship with 0 wins.  Someone will chime in who it was   

Just now, KTMRider4Life said:

I thought someone had less but I can't find it.

12 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Edit:  apparently Tim Ferry in SX lites, but I swore there was someone else.

Edited by redrider144

In Supercross, nobody has ever won a title without winning a race. Outdoors in happen twice, with Gary Jones and Bayle. 

• Like 3

I'm normally a lurker and don't comment but feel compelled.

Consistency is what wins championships in all forms of Motorsport.  Dungey was the most consistent and still won races.  His worst finish was 4th and I remember watching him try to start the bike in Turn 1 while everyone else rode off without him.  He still battled back.  

There are a lot of folks that don't like him and that's fine.  But, claiming he isn't talented, doesn't deserve it, etc is just biased and bologna.  I don't care for some riders but don't bash them when they win.  Anyone on the podium earned their way there; period.  He earned it fair and square and Tomac showed his butt in my opinion.  I like Eli and he's amazingly talented and fast.  But, he choked and I was sorry to see it.  Then, he did everything he could to place the blame on others versus owning the responsibility for it.  That bummed me out more than anything. 

There are other super fast guys like Roczen but riding on the edge all the time may have cost him his career.  I'm not a fan of his but I hope it isn't true.  Eli lacks the mental fortitude to keep it together.  I thought he finally was through it but apparently not.  I cannot imagine the pressure of wearing the red plate and being the hunted versus the hunter.  It takes more than just talent to do that.

He will be one of the favorites going into next year but consistency is what he needs more than anything.  If he can do that, he'll be the next champion.  Eli cost himself the championship just as Savatgy cost himself the 250 championship.  

Edited by EPK
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, GBowman said:

In Supercross, nobody has ever won a title without winning a race. Outdoors in happen twice, with Gary Jones and Bayle. 

I'm starting to get a mental image of Bowman...horn rim glasses taped in the center...with his handy Boaman-pedia in his breast pocket.....hey bowman, how many spokes did Lackey loose in the what-ever race ???

STOP IT....your embarrassing yourself....!

2 minutes ago, daled said:

I'm starting to get a mental image of Bowman...horn rim glasses taped in the center...with his handy Boaman-pedia in his breast pocket.....hey bowman, how many spokes did Lackey loose in the what-ever race ???

STOP IT....your embarrassing yourself....!

So I'm some kind of dick because I remember everything I read? 

I guess if you need a reason to dislike me, might as well dislike me for being smart. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GBowman said:

So I'm some kind of dick......

I guess if you need a reason to dislike me......

HEY SMARTY PANTS...

I didn't say I dislike you....just said im getting a mental image of you...!  If you didn't like my mental image, then you must be some form of nerd hater !?

it was actually a form of complement, Douche....

8 minutes ago, daled said:

HEY SMARTY PANTS...

I didn't say I dislike you....just said im getting a mental image of you...!  If you didn't like my mental image, then you must be some form of nerd hater !?

it was actually a form of complement, Douche....

Well then, I take it back. Besides I do need glasses, I'm just not willing to admit it yet.

It was the stop I'm embarrassing myself tjat lead me to believe yoi were roasting me.