Correct fork level for 250 RR 2017

The manual says add 535 grams of oil, I drained mine out and pumped the dampening and got 510 out, I could just pour same Back
?,but is the a no springs ,forks compressed level to measure???

5 hours ago, Retromlc said:

The manual says add 535 grams of oil, I drained mine out and pumped the dampening and got 510 out, I could just pour same Back
?,but is the a no springs ,forks compressed level to measure???

Not sure exactly what you are trying to say......cc's not grams.....if the manual says 535 that is just a starting point for tuning....if you like the way the bike felt in the bottom third of the stroke then the oil volume you had will be fine. If it needs to be more abrupt at the bottom of the stroke, you want more oil. If you want it to use up more travel at slower speeds, use less....but it will bottom out easier.

What I'm saying is I have dropped the oil to refresh it,I have drained the forks while intact and have pumped the rods out to clear as much old oil as possible,therefore there will still be some oil left within the forks,the manual on page 11 states 545g of oil,when I drained them I got 510 g out of each,weighted on digital scales.i wanted to know if there was a standard air gap to measure correct refill amount,which is the normal method,eg 125 MM air gap without springs and forks fully down on stanctions. Does anyone have an air gap measurement for the OC 250 17 forks?

I run 130mm on my '15 OC 500 RS also. Anything more didn't allow full travel. No bottoming even on MX.

Edited by Johnny Depp

Start where you were, if it bottoms too easily add a few ccs at a time though the bleeder hole. A syringe with the needle still intact works well for small amounts and no mess. You can get the needles from almost any public park by the trash or just roll a junkie.