So I just got done rebuilding my 2000 rm 250 bottom and top end. Its bored over 2.10mm to be a 265 (I believe). It has a Pro circuit header, FMF shorty silencer, and vforce 1 reeds. Its just barely broken in maybe an hour or two on it so far. It keeps fouling plugs and sounds a little rich. Its running a 160 Main (2 up from stock) and 48 Pilot (1 up from stock) with the needle clip on the stock setting. Should I change my needle clip position? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated! :) 

18362187_1866436806715036_1143185497_o.jpg.9e871ce6ca7a561a14ae20a88ad0a470.jpg

18362187_1866436806715036_1143185497_o.jpg

Edited by Josh Johnson

Nice truck!

So what was the jetting like before it was bored out?  Did it foul plugs then?, even worse did you even ride the bike prior to making it a 265?  Also, what is your mix ratio and what gas are you burning?  (pump premium or something else?).

At the very least, if your fouling plugs then your rich (duh).  But how are you riding it when it fouls (trail riding, playing on an MX track), also where are you located (sea level or in some mountain range)?  A quick and easy fix would be to just order a JD Jet Kit and follow their instructions (their easy to follow), that will get you VERY close.

i the jetting before was way off. it was running a 150 main and 45 pilot and was fouling plugs constantly. I run 32:1 and run pump premium. I ride trails and pits mostly and am at sea level. Ive got all the jets i need. I think my main and pilot are good its just a matter of dialing it in and i was wondering if changing need clip position would make much difference or not, its a bit boggy 1/4 - 3/4 throttle.

Edited by Josh Johnson

I would start off with the stock jetting and take it from there. Work on the pilot jet first, then the needle position, then the main jet size. A 48 pilot is pretty big/rich.