Yz125 linkage bolt seized help!!

IMG_3891.JPGIMG_3889.JPG

The top bolt that goes through the swing arm is seized in the bearing itself, when I rotate the linkage the bolt inside moves with it.

I've been beating at this thing for 3 days with all kinds of hammers sledges small 2 pound punches and 10 pound punches. And I went through a shit ton of propane and that wouldn't make it budge. Also about a can of wd40

If anybody can help it would mean a lot I wanna ride!!!

Take some Map gas and heat it where its pretty hot and then hit it with hammer. Map gas is a hotter gas than propane. I haven't seen much anything that can withstand heat. Now you will have to get it Hot!.

This will get it to come on through for ya.

Take some Map gas and heat it where wits pretty hot and then hit it with hammer. I haven't seen much anything that can withstand heat. Now you will have to get it Hot!.
This will get it to come on through for ya.

Heat the actual linkage or the bolt through the swing arm?

Heat the A-Arm linkage. You will put the flame at the bottom and around the outside of the linkage. Heat it up to where it's real Hot,I mean Hot!
Then have your socket extension ready close by or whatever you are using to hit the bolt with.

As soon as you take the heat off the linkage,hot the Bolt with at least a 3lb Hammer as to drive the bolt through. This will make the bolt move.

Heat the A-Arm linkage. You will put the flame at the bottom and around the outside of the linkage. Heat it up to where it's real Hot,I mean Hot!
Then have your socket extension ready close by or whatever you are using to hit the bolt with.

As soon as you take the heat off the linkage,hot the Bolt with at least a 3lb Hammer as to drive the bolt through. This will make the bolt move.

Ok thanks I'll try that later today or tommorw and I'll let you know what happens.

What's probably happened is the needle bearings in he race are froze up due to lack of grease an maintenance on em. The bolt is galded to the pins and the pins is galded to the race which has everything stuck.
So A New Bolt and bearings will be needed. Just as wells to replace the whole linkage bearings and swing arm bearings while you are in there.

What's probably happened is the needle bearings in he race are froze up due to lack of grease an maintenance on em. The bolt is galded to the pins and the pins is galded to the race which has everything stuck.
So A New Bolt and bearings will be needed. Just as wells to replace the whole linkage bearings and swing arm bearings while you are in there.

I already bought new linkage with bearings installed for 50$ and if I need to buy a bolt I probably will.

How many minutes of heating? Should I wait till red hot or will that be overkill and damage something?

I already bought new linkage with bearings installed for 50$ and if I need to buy a bolt I probably will.

Well if that's the case.......Heat that sucker up to the melting point and Hit that bolt with a 3lb Hammer and that bolt will shoot out the other side.

Well if that's the case.......Heat that sucker up to the melting point and Hit that bolt with a 3lb Hammer and that bolt will shoot out the other side.

Haha I might just do that then, I'm just worried about how much heat that swing arm can take. Any idea? And have you done this before?

Only other way you going to get it out is by using a 10 ton shop press. You will have to take the swing-arm off. Place swing arm in press on its side and use some sort of extension like a socket extension to press the bolt on through.

I have used Heat from a Map gas to get a drain plug out of a Transmission pan on my 2004 Chevrolet 3500 van so that I could replace that plug with a magnetic drain plug. Whoever had the van b4 me stripped the head of the plug and you couldn't get nothing on it plus they tightened the plug way to much.
I had to take the pan off to get the plug out.
Used map gas and heated the pan around the Bolt to where it was Orange and glowing and with vice grips got the drain bolt out.
That transmission pan was aluminum and not as thick as a swing arm and it held up against the heat good. So the swing arm would too.

If you really want it out and be safe about it then a press is only way. With a press it would put so much a strain on that bolt it would pop it right out with no problem.
I bought a Harbor Freight 10 ton shop press just for jobs like this. Makes it a piece of cake.

Heat and hit harder it will come . Buy new bolt, it will be no good by time you get it out.