Did Tomac?

I thought Eli made a mistake by commenting on the MM move over, but slowing in order for RD to pass him so he could push him off the track was a bi&^%ch move. Just win the race and hope Dungey finishes 5th. I lost a lot of respect for Eli.

• Like 11

Eli rode a classy race. He obviously had the speed to pull away from pack and win by a mile. Instead he went to battle with the reality of tactics BUT he did it with class. There were multiple times he could have knocked RD down but did not. Rather he made smooth respectable and controlled block moves. Well done. Eli's strategy was solid, slow down a bit and ride an easy race and wait to see if the congestion creates an issue that might put enough space between him and Ryan to change the game. It was close, it almost worked, and no one pulled a Barcia or an Anderson, Well played

Eli was taking it easy all the times the anouncer was saying RD is "realing Tomac in". Give me a break, It was completely obvious that Eli was riding slower on purpose.

Im glad RD won. Its cool that He has won what is likley his final SX, but its clear that Eli has the speed.

• Like 15

I didn't notice him keeping the pace back at all. If he could have rode faster, he would have won his heat race, not get 3rd so he could line up next to Dungey in the main. That would have been my strategy.

What I watched was RD could have passed Tomac easily but played it safe in avoiding a possible take out move. In this sport, you have to have speed AND brains. #3peat #4timechamp #maybenexttimetomac

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 5

It was interesting to watch and gotta give credit to ET for not getting overly aggressive...which could have easily happened because RD was up front and unprotected. I really dont think RD wants anymore of that because it probably would only get more intense and that isnt what RD is comfortable with, he would rather watch somebody else in that situation. So I would bet RD wont be back.

• Like 1

It was totally obvious that Tomac was going slow to slow up Dungey so that the guys further back could catch up and potentially make things interesting.  The race win means nothing to Tomac if Dungey still wins the championship, it was the only move he had to play for a shot at the championship with the way the start of the race unfolded.  Too bad it was a big ktm/husky circle jerk.  2 ktm riders make mistakes... give me a break, because that happened how many times this whole season?  Anderson doesn't get into the mix with Dungey when he easily could have then puts a big move on Reed when Reed becomes a threat with Grant not far behind.   Don't think so?  Since when does Reed gain 2 seconds on the leaders in a lap.... 

I think Dungey is a great rider but the last 2 races of this season give this championship win a bitter taste IMO.  Thanks KTM.  

Edited by subxero
  • Like 1

Eli had a good strategy it just didnt quite work out.  The only spot dungey was faster out of the finish line he couldnt make the pass happen.  Eli 100% wanted to keep the pack together.  I didn't care for Anderson saying he didn't want to get into the middle of the Eli, RD battle because of the championship battle.  I would agree if first place finish for either ride secured the championship but not with the points gap that was out there.  RD won the title fair and square but he had alot of help, and Eli had some bad luck and one poor performance when it mattered most.  I'd be surprised to see Dungey in the start gate again next SX season

• Like 4

check out the individual lap times. they show the leaders running hot laps till bout lap 6 then Tomac backs off a full 2-3 sec till end. The rest catch him a few laps later and they are all at 2-3 sec down till end. He rode the breaks and the rest followed. 

"cheap seats" Eli never came close to sending RD.  wize move

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, TDW said:

It was interesting to watch and gotta give credit to ET for not getting overly aggressive...which could have easily happened because RD was up front and unprotected. I really dont think RD wants anymore of that because it probably would only get more intense and that isnt what RD is comfortable with, he would rather watch somebody else in that situation. So I would bet RD wont be back.

I don't think Dungey fears Tomac.  If Dungey comes back he will win it again. 

Dungey 7 450 championships

Tomac 0

• Like 2

Eli did what any desperate racer at this level would have done, use any resource available, including making the most of any opportunities, all of which when boiled down were cheap shots. Anyone who is honest with themselves would admit to doing the same if in his situation, except Dungey, the champ and who made his passes clean and free of incident.

At the end of the day, Dungey was our SX Champion and for good reason, he kept his focus and head on straight. Eli Tomac choked and I hope he learned a lot from the experience and does better in the outdoors. Time will tell...

One thing is sure, the pressure got to Tomac and it effected his riding enough to cost him the championship. For Dungey, it was just another day at the office!

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 6:28 AM, lowmass said:

Eli was taking it easy all the times the anouncer was saying RD is "realing Tomac in". Give me a break, It was completely obvious that Eli was riding slower on purpose.

I agree.  It was almost as bad as a few weeks ago when Musquin was letting Dungey catch him, and Shaheen said something like, "There's obviously no team orders here.  If there were, Musquin would just pull over and let him by." 

I know they can't come out and say anything, but it's better to keep quiet or just not mention it than to say something that ignorant.

Seriously?  ?

• Like 1

On 5/7/2017 at 9:19 AM, KTMRider4Life said:

Not according to his own standard he didn't...  Hope he didn't sleep a wink last night...

You really have some serious wood for Tomac.  Does he make you feel all moist & tingly down there?

• Like 1

Tomac's father is a multiple bicycle champion.  Those races go on for hours.  Bumping, mental games, and breaking other riders play out over a long time.  My guess would be Tomac's father told him the best way to win.

A friend use to race bicycles, he showed me how shove someone's hip to throw them off. Instantly, I made a turn. My front wheel went over the edge and I wheelied back onto the road.  Later, I showed him the block pass and ran him into a hillside.  He couldn't figure out why I was going so wide in the turn.  Welcome to how motorcycle riders play. Fun times.

• Like 2