Baker/Osborne

People remark that the only reason Baker was good at his job is because he took guys who were already winners... Osborne never won a single race prior to this year and now he's a champion...

How does this reflect on Baker? No doubt you have to 'want' to put in the hard work and Osborne proved that...

• Like 6

It shows he knows what hes doing. tomacs father was training him the year prior. he showed more speed but ended up not doing better than the season before. One thing I like about Zach is that he is naturally fast. He has been hurt as much as anyone and it took him a long long time to get here. But I think aldon really has what Osborne needed, same as dungey. He was over training looking for anything that would improve results. aldon puts him on a program and this guy is rewriting history books now.

• Like 5

I don't think it was Baker as much as riding/training with Dungey, Marvin and Anderson all year

• Like 2

Damn - he posterized Savatgy ----  I almost felt sorry for the guy ----   but we have all seen guys get squared up like that and stay upright and on the gas too -- j just very poor luck - but as fast as he was coming through, he was getting by if Savatgy stayed up or not  ---

I hate to use a cliche'ed term, but it was like he willed himself to make that pass - 100% animal desperation .   A clutch performance to equal Michael Jordan's playoff game when he had the flu and a 103 degree temperature

• Like 1

1 hour ago, antzam said:

I don't think it was Baker as much as riding/training with Dungey, Marvin and Anderson all year

Zach was riding and training with Tomac and he showed no results.

Then he hooks up with Baker and  what happens?   BAM!!!!  Championship!!  

Sorry kid,  You don't understand this game.  The truth is, Baker was a difference maker in Zach's program

• Like 4

Sorry kid,  You don't understand this game.  The truth is, Baker was a difference maker in Zach's program

Thank you sooo much for explaining this game to me. So going by your vast knowledge on this subject, I can't wait for an Anderson championship next year.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Monk said:

People remark that the only reason Baker was good at his job is because he took guys who were already winners... Osborne never won a single race prior to this year and now he's a champion...

How does this reflect on Baker? No doubt you have to 'want' to put in the hard work and Osborne proved that...

This would be the first rider that won their first title with him.  Does one occurrence = a pattern?

Great.  Now of all things, we have fricken Aldon Baker swingers to contend with.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 8

35 minutes ago, antzam said:

Thank you sooo much for explaining this game to me. So going by your vast knowledge on this subject, I can't wait for an Anderson championship next year.

You are Welcome!  

Carry on!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

This would be the first rider that won their first title with him.  Does one occurrence = a pattern?

Great.  Now of all things, we have fricken Aldon Baker swingers to contend with.

I don't think anyone can argue that Baker made a difference with Zach.

• Like 2

Nope better bike

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monk said:

He only won one GP during his 5yrs overseas... 

He also was the 2010 British MX champ...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RMZ819 said:

I don't think anyone can argue that Baker made a difference with Zach.

When someone is successful,  some people will dislike them. It's called jealousy. Aldon is hugely successful,  so he has lots of jealous people hating him and his program. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RMZ819 said:

That is what Baker does. The proof is in the pudding.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, antzam said:

Haha thats actually a damn good response. 

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, redrider144 said:

Yes--  and when my forearms get tired from swinging ---- I just need to use his doo-hicky and some spray and I will get back to business --- the business of winning championships !   (in my case, a championship at insurance adjusting -- I am already emailing Aldon to see if he will branch out into some non MX, but equally cut throat venues)

• Like 2