Now that SX is finally over, we have something a lot more interesting...real Motocross!

SX is a circus, fun to watch a and argue/bench race about, but it's still a circus.  Outdoors is the real dirt bike racing.  I think the 2 biggest questions right now are will Dungey compete and which race will Tomac hurt himself in.  Now if they start using drones a bunch to catch the action it would make it a lot more fun to watch on tv.

• Like 4

HANGTOWN, i hope RD can finally get a win there, would be nice on the farewell tour. Can not wait to go there.

• Like 1

And even though MX has taken on a bit of that circus in the past few years it is no where near the Hollywood type show, its still real and something real people can relate to.

• Like 1

I think Bowman said outdoors is Dungeys last contracted competition.

I don't see Tomac crashing like he did on the Honda. I think he puts up with sx because that's where the big money is and the most attention from the public, but he is an outdoor guy. With all the progress he made this year in supercross, I definitely have him in a battle with dunge Webb and Marv all year.
Like I said in a previous post...outdoors is gonna be wild

• Like 3

Looking forward to the MX season for sure, but that was the most amazing season of SX I have ever watched. It was such a good season that it made this padded room of a forum fun to read! :lol:

When it is all said and done I have huge respect for these riders and their crazy skills.

Osborne is a badass. 

Felt bad for Jordan Smith. That looked like he hit the ground HARD.

Savatgy....just way too many mistakes, final mistake was being in front of Zach

Musquin. if only you were allowed to win.

Tomac. so fast. Fast enough to try and execute some type of multi stage plan in Vegas. He could of just ran away with 1st had he wanted.

Anderson. I've always liked him as a racer. He's just different and can ride the hell out of a 2 stroke. Good for him to get a win:thumbsup:

Dungey. The guy can take pressure like none other, so impressive. 

Just as a fan of the sport it was pretty damn awesome.:ride:

Edited by Metal and Dirt
  • Like 6

Although I have very little love for SX... At least the championship wasn't decided until Vegas (sort of).  However, time to move on to MX...  Finally...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Metal and Dirt said:

Looking forward to the MX season for sure, but that was the most amazing season of SX I have ever watched. It was such a good season that it made this padded room of a forum fun to read! :lol:

When it is all said and done I have huge respect for these riders and their crazy skills.

Osborne is a badass. 

Felt bad for Jordan Smith. That looked like he hit the ground HARD.

Savatgy....just way too many mistakes, final mistake was being in front of Zach

Musquin. if only you were allowed to win.

Tomac. so fast. Fast enough to try and execute some type of multi stage plan in Vegas. He could of just ran away with 1st had he wanted.

Anderson. I've always liked him as a racer. He's just different and can ride the hell out of a 2 stroke. Good for him to get a win:thumbsup:

Dungey. The guy can take pressure like none other, so impressive. 

Just as a fan of the sport it was pretty damn awesome.:ride:

Right, to call all that uninteresting is almost comical. Sure it's a show (It's a business and humans need a show) But it's still racing. Last night was 100% motorcycle racing. It's just a different discipline. I feel you can't appreciate one without the other.

I'm ready to see things reset for outdoors now! Don't get me wrong.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Towel.Nutkis.Lipshiz said:

RD is gonna take a play from Stewarts book & fake an injury

I think RD has to much heart for that, he would do that to Rodger D or KTM or his fans.

glad it's over, CMRC videos have helped me cope.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

Dungey will race the Nationals. And when Tomac has any issues/problems,  Dungey could hoist another trophy at the end of the season. 

fixed it for ya.

• Like 2

Rd won't do another mxdn

Can't wait for outdoors.  From what I've been hearing and reading, the ourdoor series is heading the way of the Dodo bird to make way for a longer, worldwide jump-d cross season.  :banghead:

Enjoy it while you can, I will!

2 hours ago, jcm3 said:

Can't wait for outdoors.  From what I've been hearing and reading, the ourdoor series is heading the way of the Dodo bird to make way for a longer, worldwide jump-d cross season.  :banghead:

Enjoy it while you can, I will!

Isn't that where the money is?    I know the most people relate to the outdoors more because we ride on some of those same tracks.    But to me, its not as competitive.  The racing isn't usually that close.

9 minutes ago, Just_a_trail_rider said:

Isn't that where the money is?    I know the most people relate to the outdoors more because we ride on some of those same tracks.    But to me, its not as competitive.  The racing isn't usually that close.

It probably is, true.

But, for those of us that grew up riding/racing/watching outdoor motocross, it sucks to lose a core component of the sport.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jcm3 said:

It probably is, true.

But, for those of us that grew up riding/racing/watching outdoor motocross, it sucks to lose a core component of the sport.

Outdoor is for the true fan of Moto, casual fans or tourists won't go because they can't sit in a comfortable stadium and see every part of the the track. I love outdoor and while Supercross is great and entertaining I still prefer outdoors but I can see how it is harder to market than Supercross. 

I feel like even though outdoor tracks don't have as big of jumps other than some exceptions the stakes are still higher, the speeds are much higher and the tracks break down and make racing really interesting. Plus you never have to see the ruts get too deep and show the plywood under the track, its just more dirt! I am pissed that I am going to miss Hangtown this year. 

• Like 1

I definitely agree about the tracks. SX tracks while being very hazardous for the riders are pretty dull compared to MX tracks I think. Yeah they may spend more time in the air around the entire track, but they are all so similar. I think there are maybe 3 SX tracks that standout in my mind. Pretty much if there is no good racing going on SX is hard to stay awake through.

MX tracks on the other hand just have so much more to offer; big natural elevation changes, major weather effects, just more dynamic conditions all around. Diminishing or getting rid of the MX season would be hard to deal with I think. If that were to happen it would seem local tracks around the country would take a big hit in attendance. I don't want to think about that really, that idea sucks.:(

• Like 2