03 525 EXC Valve Replacement Question

Sup everyone! 

I'm new to the four-stroke rebuild world so I was hoping to get some advise in rebuilding the cylinder head on my 2003 KTM 525 exc. Was looking to replace both valve sets with Kibblewhite Black Diamond Valves but:

-Not sure if I should go for the five angle job or the three angle job? 

-Never had valves replaced so do I need to provide specific angles to the machinist to match these Kibblewhite Valves? Was going to send to Millennium Technologies and I've read that KTM did some funky angle work on the intake valves to make up for the soft material used?

-Any mods to the cylinder head I should do to increase reliability or get better performance?

I know I need to replace the valve adjusters, the cam bearings, and water pump seal but anything else?

Thanks! 

Send the valves with the head to MT.  They will need them to ensure the seats are cut to the right depth.  They will also probably recommend you replace the valve guides.  3 angle is fine.

If you are looking for more performance, +1mm valves, better cam, free flowing exhaust (if it is still the stock exc can).

Not too much to be done for reliability in the head, just make sure all parts are in good nick.

• Like 1

Yup, the 1mm oversize valves are a worthwhile investment if you're doing the work anyways. 

Might want to replace the valve guides with newer ones, those were superseded in '05 or '06 with sintered guides that last longer.  Believe an idler gear between crank and e-start changed too...