2013 Husaberg TE 300

I have a 2013 Husaberg TE 300, first day out of this year, road 17.8 Kim's and died!!  Checked spark plug with a new one.  Still no spark. Load bike on truck. Took it back to my garage.   I don't have a service manual , I have a fluke voltmeter, I don't know how to check for bad coils or stator. Any tips from you guys?

its pretty much the same bike as a KTM 300.  orange bike with blue plastic.

• Like 1

I found a service manual online somewhere,  pin point the test, needs an ignition pulse generator.   Is that a stator or it's part of the stator?

Before you get too deep check the simple things. I had what you describe happen to me. No spark, switched plugs still no spark, thought about it for a minute then unplugged the kill switch, instant spark. Can't remember what the new switch cost, but it wasn't much.

• Like 2

first thing i did was to disconnected the kill switch when i started to dig in to figure out the problem. Still no spark..  sometime it will spark but when it does spark, its so weak, then no sparks at all.. checked all the wiring and connectors, found one corroded pin inside the connector, red wire for the voltage regulator.  fixed that up and still the same thing.. weak spark and then nothing... found a electrical trouble shooting on KTM website, turns out all resistances are within specs..  final step was to check for voltage when cranking the engine.. no voltage coming out of the stator.  after that test, wants me to replace the ignition pulse generator.     I can't find that part anywhere, so I'm going to assume that is part of the Stator? 

Installed a Trail Tech 100 Watt stator, it's all fixed! She &%$#@!ing rips now.  What should we call this beast?  PFA

IMG_7138.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Had the same problem no spark on my Husqvarna TE300. Changed spark plug. No Joy.

Found the advice from B Lamb to your post to disconnect the Kill switch.

Great advice. Kill switch was faulty. Runs like a dream now.

Thank you B. Lamb. for your post.