Congratulations to Zach Osbourne

8 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

He cleaned him out for sure,  almost went down himself which would have given A.C. the ship.  What a wild race!

No doubt.  The 250 boys put on quite a show. 

• Like 3

Judging by his post race interview, he's pretty emotional, had Jenny crying a little along with him. He rode great, and deserved the championship, I think him and Savatgy briefly locked handlebars or something, dragging Joey down, to not go down also showed a lot of strength.

Early in the broadcast, did I see someone in the crowd holding up a prostetic leg?

• Like 3

Osborne couldn't pass him and ride on speed so he took him out? Disappointing after the speed he showed coming from last place. SX/MX is starting to resemble pro rasslin'. Lame.

Edited by T.RexRacing

Savatgy had the inside line. All he had to do was turn inside. But no, he went outside, leaving a huge hole for Zach to block pass. As Emig says, if one rider stays up, it was a good pass. Osborne earned that win. 

And Jeff knows what he's talking about. ?

s1200_fro_jackpot_2_800x531.jpg

Or maybe not. ?

1997_0053_67409.jpg

Edited by LSHD
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, T.RexRacing said:

Osborne couldn't pass him and ride on speed so he took him out? Disappointing after the speed he showed coming from last place. SX/MX is starting to resemble pro rasslin'. Lame.

Osbourne caught him, so, it seems to me that he had the speed. 

• Like 5

What a race.  During the last race of the year the title talk went from Smith, to savatgy, to ciancirillo (who saw that coming??), to Osbourne.  Osbourne closed ALOT of ground on savatgy on that last lap.  I couldn't believe that pass at the end, amazing ride he had coming from last place.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, T.RexRacing said:

You're dreaming dude, the speed Zach has shown coming from the back several times this season says it all. Nobody deserved the championship more than him. Joey is a choker and demonstrated it all season. Zach is the real deal.

• Like 3

How else should it have been done? That would have been uncalled for if it was the first round but second to last corner of the series savatgy should have protected that championship more and been up front to begin with or not have cut the track the previous race. If he didn't want to get cleaned out and lose the championship he probably shouldn't have let a guy that was last place catch him

• Like 7

The block pass was rough one for sure, but the big mistake wasn't leaving the door open (which he did), but going dropping so far back from where he was off the start that Osborne even had a chance to make the block pass.

I've always pulled for Cianciarulo, and would have loved it if they both went down and Cianciarulo would have won the title.  ?

Great ride by Osborne though.  Never give up, like the sign says!  What an inspired ride for a guy who was down in the first turn as long as he was.

• Like 3