CR 250 shut off and won't re start

I was out riding with a friend recently on my 1993 cr250, and after about 45 minutes of riding it sounded like it bogged down and shut off. I have checked everything on the bike and can not figure out what the problem is. The top end was rebuilt last summer and it has great compression, and the reeds are only a few months old and are sealing flat. The first thing I did was clean the carb, which didn't help at all. I tore the whole engine apart looking for something and found nothing so I put it all back together with new gaskets. It had spark, but I read somewhere that it's possible if your ignition coil goes bad the spark won't be strong enough to fire. I replaced the coil and still no help. I checked to make sure the timing marks on the stator were lining up. It is definitely getting spark, and it is getting fuel because the plug is wet. The weird part is every once in a while it will start when I kick it but only for a about 5 to 10 seconds. I can't even get it to act like it wants to start if i spray choke cleaner in it. The only other thing I think it could possibly be is the cdi box, but I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas before I go spend $150 on one. Is it possible for the cdi box to go bad but still get a spark? I appreciate any ideas, thanks in advance.