T4 Fuel in 2017 WR450

I tried running VP T4 fuel in my 2017WR 450 and VP said it was designed as a direct replacement for premium fuel a remap is not required. When I got to a point when the gas tank was full of T4 the bike would not start and when it did I would have to crack the throttle to start. Drained it and went back to premium non ethanol gas and it ran fine. Do I need a remap because it was to lean? Has anyone else tried this fuel and had same problem?

Yes.......but no....?

The first thing to do is do a passive re-set of the ECU to re-align the center point of it's adjustment arc.

Start the motor with no throttle. None. Do not touch the throttle. Use the high idle knob to start if you have to, but do not touch the throttle.

Let the motor get up to full temp (the left radiator will be too hot to hold on to). Shut off the motor.

Re start, and your TPS will have been reset to match the surrounding conditions.

Does the ECU know what fuel you are running? No.  Does it know that you changed it? No. 

But it should be able to run fine with that fuel, so, the reason it did not was because your TPS was far off to begin with, no doubt.

Changing the map to get more fuel at all throttle openings would be the best option, if you still have that issue.

The T4 fuel is not a 'hyper oxgenated' fuel ( like the MR Pro ), but it is higher than pump fuel.

I have run  racing fuels in my BETA, and they tend to run too rich....

Edited by Krannie McKranface

Couple of questions how does this happen the bike only has 80 miles on it? And do I do the reset with T4 or Premium fuel. Because she is full of premium.

24 minutes ago, JJLap17 said:

Couple of questions how does this happen the bike only has 80 miles on it? And do I do the reset with T4 or Premium fuel. Because she is full of premium.

What do you mean 'how does this happen' ?

You have to do with with every Keihen Fuel Injection system on every bike, when every you experience a large change in tuning, fuel, or air density.

It's just like adjusting the fuel screw on a carb bike. You just do it. 

• Like 1

Thanks I did it and it actually got hot enough a spit a little coolant shut it down and started right up. Seemed to idle better too. Thanks for the help!!!

• Like 2