crf250x odometer running fast

I just bought a new bike and the last ride I went on I racked up 600 miles on the odometer the ride might have actually been 20 miles. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? If not is there a maintenance schedule in hours for the crf250x instead of miles? Should I just buy a new unit?

the stock odometer? it only goes up to 99.9 miles. sure it wasn't 60.0 miles, the last digit is a fraction.

Alot of people scrap them when they install something new, so you may be able to grab one second hand for next to nothin.  

8 hours ago, CySinyard said:

the stock odometer? it only goes up to 99.9 miles. sure it wasn't 60.0 miles, the last digit is a fraction.

Alot of people scrap them when they install something new, so you may be able to grab one second hand for next to nothin.  

I am talking about the stock one, I never knew that was a fraction and was very confused mostly because the guy that sold it to me said there were 240 miles on it and thats what it read but never knew it was a fraction haha the more you know thanks.