YZ250x versus 1995 wr250?

Anybody ever ride the Yamaha wr250 that they made back in the 90's? How does the wide ratio trans on the yz250x compare does it have the lug around in the woods a gear to high tractor power of a 4 stroke like the old wr250 did? Also can you put electric start on one and about how much does it cost?

The old 2 stroke wr250 has an insanely low tractor gear for first. I have a 97 and honestly almost always click up into 2nd and totally bypass 1st. The yz250x does not have that really low crawler first gear, but you can swap the wr400 4 stroke gearbox into the yz250x for the same feel. 

What about 2nd and 3rd? That's what I used to love on the old one. On a muddy hare scramble you could lug around in the woods a gear to high and never spin a tire just motor on like a 4 stroke.  With the yz250 you had to have it in the right gear and the power band in the mud would throw you right on your ass.lol The old 90's wr250 was a hell of a bike it was kinda like a 4 stroke in the woods and when you hit a straight stretch it was so fast it would scare you without a steering dampener.lol I need a good easy riding trail bike not to race to old for that anymore just to plow around in the woods with my boy. I bought him a orange one but if I can keep from it I would much rather stay blue but I would like electric start too.