Stalls if I close the choke. Time to clean the pilot jets?

Pulled out the CRF100 and 150 today to run them for a bit.

Both bike will idle all day with the choke in the detent position, but as soon as I turn the choke off, both bikes stall unless I am revving them. Both start hesitating at about 1/4 to half throttle.

They have been sitting for about 2 1/2 months. We turned the petcock off and let both run before putting them away last time and Sta-Bil was added to both tanks.

I'm assuming I need to pull both carbs and clean pilot jets??

9 times out of 10, that's usually the culprit for the situation you've described.  There's some chunk of crud in the pilot jet that is keeping fuel from getting through the carb at a low RPM condition.  When you use the choke, you're creating rich condition (actually a starting circuit for the 100, not a true choke, but the end result is essentially the same: a rich condition) so it's essentially covering up for the clogged pilot jet.  When you remove that condition, the pilot jet's condition becomes apparent.

Pouring Sta-Bill in the tank will not keep the carb clean. The engine needs to be ran with fresh fuel and Sta-Bill already mixed in the fuel.... long enough ride to make sure the fuel with the STa-Bill has gone through the carb thoroughly. The carb should not be drained before storage. The tank should be full so it will absorb little or no condensation in the tank. ( especially a steel tank)

That makes sense. I added Sta-Bil to my 5 gallon fuel can but the bike both already had full tanks.

Not sure why you say not to drain the carbs thou. Any gas in the carb bowl is sure the evaporate isn't it?

How can it work properly if it's not in the carb? Same as not using any Sta- Bill in the first place...