Won't start

Hey guys, I have a 2011 Kawasaki Kx 450f. Last year in September I broke my leg riding my bike. When I wiped out the bike shut off. Then I had my brother start it and I rode it back to my truck. Fast forward to today. I put in fresh gas and oil and checked the valve clearances. It simply will not start. It back fires a little but will not kick over. Can you guys help me?

Thanks

It kicks over but won't make an effort to start? Checked plug? make sure its getting a good spark. My crf450 had the same problem I checked the plug and seen a spark thought I was good to go but I kicked and kicked and bike wouldn't start. Put a new plug in and she fired up right away! I'd also look into getting a new fuel filter. Depending on how often you change it it could possibly dirty. I always swap mine out for a new one every season. 

Not a problem man! I'd bet it's one of the two! 

6 hours ago, Mrdirtyfender said:

... I put in fresh gas and oil and checked the valve clearances...

check everything you touched while you have checked the valves...

• Like 1

Really? Kawi must be different than the Honda. I can take apart my pump to get to the filter.  Have you checked you're plug? 

Another thing I thought of.. if bikes got good spark and it's getting its fuel Check To make sure you're timing is on point! You're timing could be off causing it to back fire

I'm pretty sure timing in good. I put a new plug in it and I noticed when I try and kick it some greyish blue smoke comes out the tailpipe.

Pull the plug out pour some gas down in the cylinder put the plug back in and giver a kick. It don't take much of a kick for spark. It's hard to see in any bit of light tho turn the lights out in the shop and check it

I ran out of time tonight. Gonna try again tomorrow. It will backfire so I don't know if that means anything. I put plug and wire against aluminum frame to see if I can get a spark and I see nothing.

Kinda got me thinking it's an electrical issue.. New plug and still no spark..

How's it going to backfire with no spark ? It's got to have at least some spark in order to get a backfire give it a spray of carb cleaner right at the air filter , other than that you can pull codes for that since it's a fuel injected bike . You might need to do that I had one that's water temp sensor caused a very hard start not long ago .