where do you rank '17 LV 250 & 450 finale?

All time. Back to '85 when they started 2 classes. Just curious how this one held up compared to others in your opinion. Not the season, just the 2 finals. Together. I thought it was a pretty good show.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, portlandcsc said:

All time. Back to '85 when they started 2 classes. Just curious how this one held up compared to others in your opinion. Not the season, just the 2 finals. Together. I thought it was a pretty good show.

Counting them both together, I can't recall a closer series combo.  It was dramatic, especially the 250 class.

• Like 1

Not only close, but I can't remember a night watching or attending supercross that was as exciting.  Two of three championships were still up for grabs, and it was exciting as hell.  Half the time a few of the fast guys don't even show up because things are clinched.

Great night, probably one of the best that I can remember ,I've been a big supercross fan since 1980.

• Like 2

The only thing thing that would have made it better is if Osbourne and Savatgy both went down in that last block pass and AC won it all.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

The only thing thing that would have made it better is if Osbourne and Savatgy both went down in that last block pass and AC won it all.

Could you imagine? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I said the same thing in another post.  That would have been great to see for Cianciarulo fans.  That poor kid has been through a lot and would have probably had one or two 250 titles if it hadn't been for the shoulder problems.

• Like 2

Yeah the whole time I was like ac, or ozzy either one I'm happy for. Long time comming for either.

• Like 2

Vegas, best finals ever... Unless you rode a green bike for the championship.  The 250 race was crazy with the crashes.  450 was a chess game with pawns.  Reed looked like he might be a factor, then he wasn't.

New Jersey heat, semi, and LCQ will long be the craziest crash fest.  They didn't even need mud.

St Louis, Tomac's dominant ride was one for the books.

• Like 3

Watching old races let's you see what were missing. This video has more action in the first 30 min than the whole 17 season. This is 05 bar to bar
  • Like 3

It was pretty awesome. The only thing that would have been better is if Tomac had actually punted Dungey like he should have :banana:. More bar banging and hard block passes, less bitching and whining.

I was there in person and it was so much better than on TV.  I watched the races on DVR after I got home.  The excitement in person was more than words can describe.  It was the absolute most exciting live sporting event I have ever attended and probably always will be.  TV did not do justice to Osbornes charge.  He was so far back after the start crash that I think everyone wrote him off including me.  Throughout the race it seemed like there was just no way he could get back to Savatgy even though his speed was amazing.  Even on that last lap I was saying he couldn't pull it off and then through the two sets of whoops he was suddenly on Savatgy and then blew him apart in that berm.  Crazy!!!  Then the 450 main was incredible as well.  Tomac played it very well.  What else could he have done?  It was brilliant strategy.  And Dungey!  His nickname needs to be Ice Man.  The guy is so solid under pressure.  He never breaks.  Very impressive.

Side note.  Troy Lee was a few rows below me during the times the 250's were on the track.  He would go to the pits when his guys weren't on the track and come up and watch when they were.  The poor guy went from concern in the 250 main, to sheer excitement when Smith took the championship lead to utter devastation when Smith destroyed himself.  That was a show in itself watching his emotions.  I must say, he didn't get angry or anything when Smith ate it.  He was obviously devastated but he didn't go off the handle.  He also didn't leave the stands and kept his eye on his other guy. 

If only every race and every championship could be like Vegas 2017!!!

• Like 1