Grey looking trans oil

IMG_1536.JPGIMG_1535.JPG

I first seen it was grey when I seen grey leak of from the power valve tube it's usually straight black. Radiator level hasn't changed. Is it water ? Replaced shaft, and both seals not too long ago. Nothing not leaking from the weep hole.

Any deep water crossings lately? Pressure washer getting in somehow?

Any deep water crossings lately? Pressure washer getting in somehow?

I have washed it couple time but where can the water be coming in at?

Vent tube, countershaft seal, gaskets, I don't know, probably unlikely but possible I suppose. If you're not losing any coolant?

by gasket you mean clutch cover sure gasket? & If I was leaking any type of water wouldn't it come from the weep hole first.

Side

Grey isn't always a mix of water unless you see water when it separates. Clutch use creates grey oil most for the part. Beginning oil color also. Change more frequent if clutch use is hi. 5 hours, oil is cheap, internals damage is not. 

5 hours ago, Ayeecole said:

by gasket you mean clutch cover sure gasket? & If I was leaking any type of water wouldn't it come from the weep hole first.

Side

No way for water to get to trans from water pump or weep hole. 

A whitish milky color would be water contaminated. Gray usually means metal, as in shavings or worn clutch basket. I suspect a worn alum clutch basket or even clutch plates. They are easy to access and check.

Okay thanks guys I have 4 quarts of oil I got for free so I just changed it this was more a orange type color oil will see how this works later on today IMG_1527.JPG